Custom Armour Issues: Gaps

Gellyh

Hey guys!

For a while now, I've been trying to kitbash armour and get it in-game. The latter I can do, but, unfortunately, there seems to be an issue with the morphing. The armour looks fine for the 0 and 1 characters, but anything in between and it distorts.

I managed to tweak it/fix it in such a way that the issues are now minor, but they still need to be fixed;

http://imgur.com/a/9iLWP

During the morph, certain faces shrink and leave gaps, as if there are multiple vertices there (which there aren't). I am at a loss and have no idea how to fix it.

The kilt is skinned to the Wolf armour from which it hails and the rest is skinned to the Imperial cuirass + body and exported with that rig as well.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Thanks a bunch in advance!

It may be the problem that some vertices have been grouped to multiple bones, that is causing the gaps? I have only ever skinned Bow's but I'd say that there is something with one of the bone groups for sure

Already had such a suspicion! Do you know an easy way to check this or to avoid this, by any chance? I'm using Blender for this, but I am not very familiar with it, apart from what I need to know to import/export stuff.

EDIT: And thanks very much for your response, by the way!!

Edited by Gellyh

I feared as much, darn :/ Maybe I should switch to Max too, even though I've got so many tuts for Blender and I've tried them all, this should just work!

I tried checking and tweaking the weights manually of the vertices that seem to be giving issues. Could be it is just wishful thinking, but I think there's some minor progress! But unfortunately not enough for the amount of time I spent on it. :/

Any other ideas are more than welcome!

(And thanks again Ryagard :) )