Fallout 4 mods not loading.

Albinodrow409

I just got my new PC up and running. New windows 10, new hard drive, sparkly new FO4 install. i downloaded 9 mods with NMM, and none of them are working. I added the files to Fallout4.ini and Fallout4Prefs.ini. The ESMs show up in plugins.txt, which I've tried both read-only and not read-only. I've run NMM as admin, and I also tried opening NMM back up after getting the Fallout 4 launcher to check and make sure the mods weren't deactivated. None of these things are working. Is anyone else having this problem? And is there anything else I can try to get my mods working?

I am also having this exact same issue and have tried everything I could think of and my mods will not work. Strange since Skyrim was so straight forward.

Yeah, on my other PC, about 2 months ago, I was using the mods no issue. i'll have to try that one again. And just to make sure it wasn't an issue with NMM and my computer clashing, I installed mods with Skyrim. Worked perfectly fine.

Use this. :smile:

F4SE http://f4se.silverlock.org/

Yeah I forgot to mention. I tried launching with F4SE as well. That also changed nothing.

Same. I just had an update and now all the mods I had are no longer working. Still all ticked in NMM and the plugin.txt is set to read only. Followed all the guides and still cant get it to work. I logged in to find all my buildings in my settlements are gone as I was using homemaker, at level 77 I have lost a whole lot. :ohmy:. Hopefully we manage a fix soon.

I am having this exact same problem, now.

All of my mods appear to be activated in NMM and appear correctly in plugins.

I've set plugins to read only and followed all of the guides out there from when the first update broke mod loading in November or December.
Is there some stupid setting that got switched that we're missing? Because it doesn't seem like this is a huge problem for everyone, or there would be a lot more freakout on the boards...

I am having this exact same problem, now.

All of my mods appear to be activated in NMM and appear correctly in plugins.

I've set plugins to read only and followed all of the guides out there from when the first update broke mod loading in November or December.
Is there some stupid setting that got switched that we're missing? Because it doesn't seem like this is a huge problem for everyone, or there would be a lot more freakout on the boards...

Welp, I'm a jackass. I had opted in to the survival beta. :blush:

I unchecked that in Steam properties and we're back to working.

i am having the same issues, i even uninstalled clean and reinstalled and then changed the .ini files and still the mods just wont activate. it is extremely aggravating as i just really want to use spring cleaning.

I've just seen that in Fallout4Custom.ini, there was (it seems new)

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=0
sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS/

I usually paste the needed lines at the end of the ini so I didn't see there were lines to edit.

Here is the correct text for reference.

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

Hope it'll work for you ^^

Edited by Edibrom

Opted into the beta by accident as well, unchecked that immediately. now my mods still aren't showing up as well. To make matters worse, when I try to access the display menu my game immediately CTD's. I hope someone can find a fix, this is extremely frustrating.