Fallout 4 Visual Glitch...Or whatever this is

Sakabato

This is what happens :

It started happening a few days ago. In my opinion, it was either because of the automatron dlc or some mod. This glitch only happens during fights, and not allways, but several if not most times. I have absolutely no idea on how to fix this.

I've already tried searching on both google and youtube for something similar, but with no luck. Specially, since I don't really know how to describe the problem without using a screenshot.

Edited by Sakabato

Your PC graphics card can not handle the load, that's called "screen tearing" and it's due to lack of power for the code asking to be rendered.

Screen tearing is caused by the video frames being out of sync with the display device. When the refresh rate of the device doesn’t match that of the display device it causes the frames to sync up incorrectly causing the tearing effect. This often occurs in video games when the GPU of the system is under pressure from large amounts of graphical processing or poor programming, This will cause a sudden dip in the frame rate. When the GPU is under a lot of pressure it will fail to keep the output video in sync causing the screen to tear.
screen-tear-2

Post your PC's spec's here.

reinstall direct-x (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109)

Edited by Purr4me

Intel® Core i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz 360GHz

8,00GB RAM. Windows 8 64bits.

My graphic card at the moment is not linked to the screen, because I had a problem with the previous one, and at the moment need to use this, and it doesn't have an HDMI entry, so I'm using about 50% of my pc's potential. The thing is, I've been playing F4 from its launch, at the lowest settings, and it never had this visual tear happening before. Only a couple days ago during fights.

Edited by Sakabato

Intel® Core i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz 360GHz

8,00GB RAM. Windows 8 64bits.

My graphic card at the moment is not linked to the screen, because I had a problem with the previous one, and at the moment need to use this, and it doesn't have an HDMI entry, so I'm using about 50% of my pc's potential. The thing is, I've been playing F4 from its launch, at the lowest settings, and it never had this visual tear happening before. Only a couple days ago during fights.

Not enough information to resolve a hypothesis?

if you have hardware issues dealing with caped graphics, you need to resolve those first, you can't troubleshoot issues like this knowing there is a hardware problem.

this is a waste of time.

Fair enough. But like I said, this only happened recently. The game had been running without any of these issues since the beggining, and it's the only game where these visual tears are happening. But you're right, I'll adress the core problem first, and if it still occurs after it, then I'll try to seek help then.

Thank you for your time anyway.

you own a killer of a PC, a lot of people I help have much less of a beast and have come out on top to know it's the software that runs it all.

The real trick is getting the right software onto it and enabled. The desktop is IE, it represents the systems browser, for windows anyways so the systems updates.."Windows updates" are patches for older security flaws found of that very software.

the display is the heart of the system, the graphics drivers control all of it. All the patches run thru those drivers. So, in order to better control that environment, Windows fixes the holes "THEY" are responsible for and have admitted about.

install all updates, takes a bit of doing and a lot of time. When you run out of updates available, dig into what was installed, there are two updates that require every one to remove. windows 10 is exempt from this, but all other systems fall prey to these things.

(KB2952664) that is what we call a root installer, it installs this one (KB3035583), and these two combined are the Nag screens to upgrade to windows 10. both of these need to be removed. That is the push..the only thing is, that push does not include hardware drivers as the system is a business system. it's not a game console.

windows ten has a big big issue now, it, that kernel requires all software installed to have digitally signed and authorized signatures in the files, that includes all of their own products. Your graphics hard ware, if not owned in some way by them? required signed drivers to be allowed to install and remain.

A hardware issue, preventing OEM installs of graphics is not written in stone but falls under this scope / scenario.

Even some direct x files are Obsoleted by that OS. they get replaced with updated versions that reak Havoc on our games, become incompatible...even though they are-signed.? *'dll's get deleted and there is no thing that will tell you this took place other than it's own event manager, the logs on the system.

IF the hardware has an issue, windows WILL default with standard drivers, will not even install USB drives for 3.0 and up.

look in your device manager and see how many yellowed flags exist.

ix them first, get all drives installed, then use the Manufacture's device setup CD or downloads for that machines hardware and see if the new system will allow it to install.

----------------

In the long run ,Microsoft basically want's to start all over, only this time, the game changed, staying with 1 OS but manipulating whats in it.

If you know the exact problem ? that's where you start.

game diagnostics come around based on an assumption that the persons PC is optimal. we can not in all rights give advice based on bad installations or issues admitted too. it's not right, and the games require a good base to run on.

( SOLID GROUND ) not loose dirt. fallout 4 ? oh man, it needs every thing to be in tip top shape, almost perfect PC's run it ok.

complaints seen about issue to date posted here...show the problems are there..and later come out during discussions.

On systems Fo4 is installed on that are not up to snuff, way way too many posts reflect this and is Immediately seen.

the graphics settings tell the story, low verses the high..and in between...all tells the story.

Your time spent on the repairs will fix your run-time with the games and issues the games have with the mods will simply go away.

we can't fix that sort of thing with talk, it's real hard faults we can't see or match.this is up to you.

I hope things work out great for you in the future.

Kitty Black

• 3 years later...

I'm having this with a pretty beefy PC right now.
Xeon E5-2670 (2.6ghz x8 cores)
16 GB DDR3
GTX 1070

The graphic OP posted looks exactly like what happens to me. It only occurs in certain areas when facing a particular direction, usually toward the south east. FOV does not effect how 'wide' of an angle looking will trigger this effect. I am running the most recent drivers for my GPU.

I'm having this with a pretty beefy PC right now.

Xeon E5-2670 (2.6ghz x8 cores)

16 GB DDR3

GTX 1070

The graphic OP posted looks exactly like what happens to me. It only occurs in certain areas when facing a particular direction, usually toward the south east. FOV does not effect how 'wide' of an angle looking will trigger this effect. I am running the most recent drivers for my GPU.

Browse to steams install folder of the game, use the verify application that all data is installed correctly.

If you find any file or it finds any files are bad, missing or have been corrupted, it will list as an error , re-verify, you do this twice to make sure the data got replaced.

If all that's good?

right click the start button, select run type in the box this dxdiag and hit the enter key.

If none of this makes any sense to you? it is to see if there are any errors being reported by the OS.

reboot, and update windows. reboot again and test the game.

If the game is heavily modified? it might be the mods.

if this is a default game ? then you have problems.

I will add something to this report, Alton mod, is a fallout 3 built mod, and if that mod is so much as touched by cleaning IT, this will occur.

New York mod, a very big mod, same as above.

If you rip out the ITM's on these big mods that point to the UDR's and other things point to the ITM's, screen tearing will also occur.

I can produce this effect with the default masters easy. on a good PC

IF you have too many mods touching and constantly altering the same data values, again it will produce this effect OR there is data missing.

Overheating graphics card, overheating hard drives, bad software or incorrect software.

For this type of issue, you test on default code only, noting modified, nothing extended. Raw default code.

Edited by Purr4me

Validated my cache twice earlier today.
DxDiag reports nothing interesting/unusual.
Windows is up-to-date and several reboots have not fixed it.
The game is, in fact, heavily modified. 255 mods installed with 247 ESPs, which I know is skirting the limits, and way more than anyone would want to dig through to help me out, lol.