Fallout 4 Survival Mode Beta

SirSalami

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #36660275. #36662890 is also a reply to the same post.

ericcxxxx wrote: how do you opt-out of the beta update?
ThomasBowman wrote: In the same way that you opted in to the beta, there should be an option that says opt-out select that and it should download the necessary files.

Following up the useless reply here with the actual way you do it - Go to Steam - Library - Right click Fallout 4 - Properties - Betas - Change the option to 'NONE opt out of all beta programs.

"Look at me i made a post"

i just opted back out because i want to play with mods again, but i can't load my main save game, which never used survival mode. the error that it's throwing is "the save game was created on a later version of fallout 4. please download any updates." i never played with this character on survival mode to the best of my knowledge, and i just want my mods xD any ideas?

In response to post #36672745.

RampantOctopus wrote: i just opted back out because i want to play with mods again, but i can't load my main save game, which never used survival mode. the error that it's throwing is "the save game was created on a later version of fallout 4. please download any updates." i never played with this character on survival mode to the best of my knowledge, and i just want my mods xD any ideas?

Try to load an older save i had the same problem but i loaded an old save and it worked

As I obviously missed this warning, does anyone know how long this Beta is likely to be active before I can get my MOD's back? I'm not a Noob, but work full time and missed the warning. I've kept steam updated as I bought the season ticket package (PC). Didn't realise I was open to Beta's........BustA

Even when this goes live it may not be exactly the same. Forcing mods onto a beta may just backfire on you.

If you disable the beta your mods should still be there, but you may have to reactivate them in NMM. Then, you will most likely have to go back to a save from before you started playing with the beta.

In response to post #36664880.

DannyOuter wrote: Man...
...I want to play this beta, but since I have play this game with the mods that I have, I don't want to go back. Anybody knows how long this beta will last? And when they will release it as a non beta update?

If you put a "*" in front of a mod in your plugin.txt, your mod will work. For example, If there's a mod called mod1.esp, then under the other plugins you will put *mod1.esp and so on.

Bethesda never disabled mods, they just changed the way the mods are loaded in preparation for the CK and the Bethesda.net uploading. If I were to guess, the game will remove the asterisk to disable the mod.