• Please log in to reply
532 replies to this topic

jeanguard

jeanguard

Stranger

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I don't know if it has already been suggested, but i find the survival mechanics from the game " the long dark " immersive, especially on the food / water part. Aswell when you're hurt, you need antibiotics, painkillers etc... plus the cold gestion, who's not necessary on fallout 4, but imo it's pretty good.

A " matchup " between fallout and this game, to add a survival way with a better realism could be fun !

Edited by jeanguard, 19 April 2016 - 02:22 PM.

BigFatWarPig

BigFatWarPig

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
In response to post #36807395.

Spoiler

he said he enjoyed them. might be that he never testet those mods for fallout 4

MajDamage

MajDamage

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
In response to post #36103605.

Spoiler

As far as I can track down... Close NMM. Open your Plugins.txt and put an Asterisk in front of all of your .ESM and ESP files. NOT Fallout.ESM or the DLC! Just the mods. Save the file. Note:if you open NMM after this, it will disable anything in the plugins.txt with * in front of it.

Note#2: I was able to get my saved game to partially load this way. Most of those in the closed beta are saying this works. It caused a CTD for me right after the game load. I have reverted back to 1.4 for now. I have tried all sorts of configs to see if I can get this process to work. Others have stated it works... and it partially works for me. So, give it a try if you are on 1.5.

Example Plugins.txt:
Fallout4.esm
DLCRobot.esm
DLCworkshop01.esm
*SpringCleaning.esm
*Homemaker.esm
*SettlementKeywords.esm
*Snap'n Build.esm
*ArmorKeywords.esm

mantrax24

mantrax24

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,
since the last update, Fallout 4 doesn't detect my mods anymore ( i use the nmm and everything seems ok ). But when I launch my save, it tells me that my mods are no longer active, etc..
I checked, i'm not using the beta, my friend has the same problem and we have no idea what happened since we found nothing on internet. Any help please ?

nami1987

nami1987

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts
Im using the beta and mods work fine. You just gotta re enable them in the in game menu. Its easy

skubblebubble

skubblebubble

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 686 posts
Sigh.

NMM needs to be fixed.

1) stop setting plugins.txt to readonly.
2) put an * in front of the active mods.

That's it.

Until then,

Go into your user folder eg: c:\users\username\appdata\local\fallout4

set plugins.txt to NOT readonly. This will let the game keep your active modlist and sort order.
put an * in front of what you want to actually use.
Alternatively, load the game, select mods, and toggle what you want.

The game will sort mods on its own if you let it.
So use NMM etc, to get the order (or do it yourself)
then edit plugins.txt

It will use what's in plugins first, then any other esm/esp it sees.

That should fix things for now. (or at least get them working)
:)

edit: the latest beta is also merging with the mods/CK beta.
You don't get the CK (unless already in), nor access to beth's modsite, although the menu does pop up. (that's coming)

I don't know if you have opted out if you get any of that, but, if mods stop working suddenly, try the above.

Edited by skubblebubble, 21 April 2016 - 02:26 AM.

Ombragine

Ombragine

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 185 posts
In response to post #36871010.

Spoiler

Indeed, it will be great to have an NMM option for that even it is not a big deal to change manually the plugins.txt file.

rataje

rataje

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
In response to post #36538710. #36546365, #36563250, #36563570, #36594350, #36615955, #36631860, #36632370, #36734090, #36777275, #36780610 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

Survival Mode Patch whatever is boring, everything but not good!

Firo2012

Firo2012

Stranger

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
In response to post #36538710. #36546365, #36563250, #36563570, #36594350, #36615955, #36631860, #36632370, #36734090, #36777275, #36780610, #36877765 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

The part that I take away from this is almost nauseating. That is the simple fact that Bethesda has changed this IP so much people are identifying it as an "Action FPS". The sickening part isn't that people are calling it that, rather that they are right to do so. The second Fallout game came out right after I started my second year of university, had someone told me then where we'd end up I'm not sure I'd have invested myself into the franchise.

Funny enough right around that same time, a studio that now is lost to time and only remembered by few were already making what would be the framework for the action FPS genre. The one I'm referencing is the Stamper brothers studio named RARE. Now they new how to make a solid action FPS, even back then. Microsoft bought them out a few years later and just stuck their original IP's in the vault never to see the light of day again. Just another feather in the cap. Those IP's were of course the now legendary Goldeneye, followed by the even more polished and awesome successor, Perfect Dark. We miss you dearly Joanna. I'm sure when the time is right and enough childs blood has been poured into the sacrifice chamber. Major Nelson and Co. will pull it out for one last shaming so they can perform the coup de grāce.

Edited by Firo2012, 22 April 2016 - 07:31 AM.

Fatalmasterpiece

Fatalmasterpiece

Devil's Advocate

• Premium Member
  • 2,175 posts

In response to post #36538710. #36546365, #36563250, #36563570, #36594350, #36615955, #36631860, #36632370, #36734090, #36777275, #36780610, #36877765 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler
The part that I take away from this is almost nauseating. That is the simple fact that Bethesda has changed this IP so much people are identifying it as an "Action FPS". The sickening part isn't that people are calling it that, rather that they are right to do so. The second Fallout game came out right after I started my second year of university, had someone told me then where we'd end up I'm not sure I'd have invested myself into the franchise.

Funny enough right around that same time, a studio that now is lost to time and only remembered by few were already making what would be the framework for the action FPS genre. The one I'm referencing is the Stamper brothers studio named RARE. Now they new how to make a solid action FPS, even back then. Microsoft bought them out a few years later and just stuck their original IP's in the vault never to see the light of day again. Just another feather in the cap. Those IP's were of course the now legendary Goldeneye, followed by the even more polished and awesome successor, Perfect Dark. We miss you dearly Joanna. I'm sure when the time is right and enough childs blood has been poured into the sacrifice chamber. Major Nelson and Co. will pull it out for one last shaming so they can perform the coup de grâce.

Same thing happens to every game company. Squaresoft released some of the greatest RPGs like Chronotrigger and then went down the poopshoot to make more money with games that appealed to a wider audience. Bioware isn't the same company it was 10,15 years ago and is becoming more like EA... 

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.137 seconds