Fallout 4 Survival Mode Beta

SirSalami

Well, the survival beta has now become the actual survival mode. Great. I had a hardcore mode mod with hunger, thirst, sleep, and all sorts of good stuff as well as mods that balance out the damage all ready. After less than 15 minutes, I want my old stuff back. DO YOU HEAR ME BETHESDA?! YOU f*#@ED UP MY GAME, AND THIS SHALL NOT BE FORGIVEN.

p.s. sorry for the caps, but I just pissed the hell off by this. I spend days trying to figure out how to get back into the game, and now it's fundamentally broken.

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #37205135.

SoftisNeleris wrote: Well, the survival beta has now become the actual survival mode. Great. I had a hardcore mode mod with hunger, thirst, sleep, and all sorts of good stuff as well as mods that balance out the damage all ready. After less than 15 minutes, I want my old stuff back. DO YOU HEAR ME BETHESDA?! YOU f*#@ED UP MY GAME, AND THIS SHALL NOT BE FORGIVEN.

p.s. sorry for the caps, but I just pissed the hell off by this. I spend days trying to figure out how to get back into the game, and now it's fundamentally broken.

its not there fault the new update causes compatibility issues with a few mods i had to uninstall like 20 mods to fix y mods

In response to post #36871010. #36877645 is also a reply to the same post.

skubblebubble wrote: Sigh.

NMM needs to be fixed.

1) stop setting plugins.txt to readonly.
2) put an * in front of the active mods.

That's it.

Until then,

Go into your user folder eg: c:\users\username\appdata\local\fallout4

set plugins.txt to NOT readonly. This will let the game keep your active modlist and sort order.
put an * in front of what you want to actually use.
Alternatively, load the game, select mods, and toggle what you want.

The game will sort mods on its own if you let it.
So use NMM etc, to get the order (or do it yourself)
then edit plugins.txt

It will use what's in plugins first, then any other esm/esp it sees.

That should fix things for now. (or at least get them working)
:)

edit: the latest beta is also merging with the mods/CK beta.
You don't get the CK (unless already in), nor access to beth's modsite, although the menu does pop up. (that's coming)

I don't know if you have opted out if you get any of that, but, if mods stop working suddenly, try the above.
Ombragine wrote: Indeed, it will be great to have an NMM option for that even it is not a big deal to change manually the plugins.txt file.

Hi
sory it doesent work after try to start the game crash or doesent start
seams like a stay in a loop endless. sorry about mu english i am german
greetings dave