Opened power armor

Minotarv

• 5 months later...

I second this. Having the power armor be open and ready for a pilot to operate it would be lovely.

If the existing power armor get-in/out animations would be edited as well, half the enter/exit time would be shaved off because all you have to do is step in - albeit we are still using vanilla animations so significant work would have to be done there, as i have no experience with animation programming.

another idea is to link a device (a "grenade" maybe, like a skyrim power) that would signal a suit to open so you could sprint right in? maybe locking it from other npcs otherwise?

still waiting on vertibird delivered power armor suits. manned or unmanned. i think someone's working on it as we speak.

• 3 years later...

Sorry to necro this post, but I'd love to see a mod that leaves power armor opened when exited as well. Especially when applied to Power Armor Airdrop or Delivery mod so that when the power armor is dropped from a vertibird or teleported it opens and is akin to ironman ready to jump straight into without the opening animation having to play. This would be especially cool when in the heat of combat, call airdrop of armor, it lands and opens and you just sprint up and hop in using the emergency combat animation and you are ready to rock and roll!