Need help with Dialogue and packages in the creation kit for Skyrim.

shadowninj09

Hello peeps,

I hope that someone can help me with a problem I have been having in the creation kit for skyrim.

I'm trying to make a NPC use an AI package if a topic is spoken by that NPC.

What I'm trying to say is that when the dialogue ends, the package starts running.

I know how to do it in the G.E.C.K for FNV by means of a script, cause I did that a little while ago for my own follower mod, but I experienced that in the CK things don't work the way like they used to in the G.E.C.K.

I have been looking at the tutorials on the official site for the CK, searched on google and even looked at packages and dialogue in CK itself as to get a reference on where to start, but I didn't find anything specific on how to get this done.

I started tinkering with the CK only a few days ago, so if anyone could point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated

PS: I'm only a beginner when it comes to scripting, so go easy on little old me please. XP

Assign the package to your NPC's quest alias.

Create a global variable, we'll call it gVar, with a default value of 0.

Add a condition to the package, that checks if gVar = 1.

In the dialogue tab, load up the dialogue you want to have initiate the package.

There is an OnFinish (or something to that effect) script panel. Enter the character ";", close the dialogue.

This creates a blank script.

Open up the dialogue again. Right-click the new script and open the Properties window.

Add a property pointing to gVar, name it the same (we'll call it gVarProp for easy reference in this post).

Close the Properties window.

Go back to the script panel. Change the ";" character, type in:

SetValueInt(gVarProp, 1)

akSpeaker.EvaluatePackage()

Click OK.

Should work? May need to change akSpeaker to an AliasRef property, but that's easy ta figure out.

... it's like you would do in G.E.C.K., but using the new scripts language Papyrus and Creation Kit editor, similar to that scenes tutorial I linked to. If what you want happens only once, then you might make a quest stage number to use as a condition flag for the package in the NPC's package list. And instead of starting a scene with a script fragment, you set that quest stage.

EDIT: meanwhile... FiftyTifty explained it better! :ninja:

Edited by simtam

Thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it.

=D You peeps rock!

Edit: I did as you guys said, but the dialogue option does not appear in the conversation menu, I think it has to do something with the quest aliases or the topic conditions but I'm not exactly sure.

Edited by shadowninj09