If the BOS wins, is the NCR in trouble?

CyrusAmell

Well, the problem with Liberty Prime is

A) it doesn't have an endless supply of nukes, canon-wise, or you wouldn't get the mission to find nukes for him. Once that arsenal is depleted, well, you get the idea, it's pretty much just a tank with a huge front surface.

B) Prime has already been destroyed once by an orbital strike. So Archimedes could be a big problem.

C) A prolonged war would ultimately end up being a matter of who has more industrial capacity to throw at it. See, WW1, WW2. Between its own and groups like the Gun Runners and such making lots of weapons for them... Yeah. The NCR has it.

D) The technological disparity isn't exactly evolving in the BOS's favour. The NCR is actively looking for old technology too.

E) While air support CAN be a problem, the Vertibirds seem to be rather weaker than the BOS anticipated. 'Couple of snipers with anti-materiel rifles should be able to make short work of one, and the NCR has both.

And the Prydwen, honestly, is just a big slow target for artillery. Given the altitude it flies at, even howitzers like the Boomers have should be more than able to shoot it down. Or, again, see Archimedes. Or even the strategic bomber from the boomers could probably bomb it from above. (In WW1 probably the easiest way to kill a zeppelin was to bomb it from above.)

Etc.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my version of the fallout universe the BOS is backed by the vault dwellers. In the Mohave they can use helios 1, can call for airstrikes and artillery from the allied boomers, and have the full support of the Vault dweller with his/her securitron army. Even the remnants or the Enclave support the paladin who in turn answers to the Elder of his order. In essence the BOS now owns the Mohave and all lands formerly under the Legion. A considerable amount of time has passed between FNV and F4. The game designers can make up some catastrophe to destroy all that transpired in the Mohave but in my little universe the BOS has nuclear weapons down at the end of Lonesome Road that would have considerable negotiating power. I think it would be fun to see the NCR develop a nuclear weapons program and have a cold war spy wars theme for fallout 5

In my version of the fallout universe the BOS is backed by the vault dwellers. In the Mohave they can use helios 1, can call for airstrikes and artillery from the allied boomers, and have the full support of the Vault dweller with his/her securitron army. Even the remnants or the Enclave support the paladin who in turn answers to the Elder of his order. In essence the BOS now owns the Mohave and all lands formerly under the Legion. A considerable amount of time has passed between FNV and F4. The game designers can make up some catastrophe to destroy all that transpired in the Mohave but in my little universe the BOS has nuclear weapons down at the end of Lonesome Road that would have considerable negotiating power. I think it would be fun to see the NCR develop a nuclear weapons program and have a cold war spy wars theme for fallout 5

I don't know why but it really upset me that you called the courier the vault dweller...

Anyway, yeah in my game the brotherhood also has a considerable amount of power in the Mojave. However, canonically the things you mention won't continue to further games.

apologies I have played all the fallout games and the PC is usually a noob from a vault somewhere but you are correct. In FNV the PC starts in a grave rather than a vault. In every version of the game I tended to side with the BOS. For fallout 4 I have 3 sentinel characters and 1 railroad agent. One of the sentinels tried for the happy ending but I messed it up

The only way the BOS could defeat NCR is if bethesda decides to competently rewrite lore and make the BOS far larger in terms of manpower. Granted it's possible bethesda could do that but they'd be shooting themselves in the foot for a sequel of sorts.

They purposely have been making these games removed enough from each other so that decisions in previous games do not affect the next game(s) canon.

For example, the SRB guy, Dr. Zimmer, was in fallout 3 and because you had the opportunity to possibly kill him in fallout 3, he is absent from Fo4, with no explanation at all, just to preserve any possible outcomes from fallout 3. This is why no games since fallout 1 and 2 (not made by Bethesda) have taken place in the same region, or even remotely similar regions. They do the same thing with Elder Scrolls as well, where the only canon thing is the ending of the main game.

For that reason, I don't think they will ever have a BoS/NCR conflict because so much of what could happen/has happened in that conflict could have been shaped by the player in numerous previous titles.

However I wish more companies would implement a save transfer system similar to Dragon Age Inquisition. Regardless of what you think of that game, that system they created worked great and sometimes really changed the game you ended up playing.

I saw gunslinger6792's avatar pic and thought I would share this. Waiting for a shipment of batteries to start flight testing. It has 4 electric ducted fan motors that produce 2.1Kg of thrust each. I have considered making a flying model from fallout. I haven't decided what to try. I think I could do the Prydwin or a vertibird in scale. I am tempted to use a single ducted fan with thrust vectoring to make a full scale Mr. Handy

http://i66.tinypic.com/2s6798w.jpg

• 2 months later...

The NCR has an actual monetary system and draws on an economy based on agriculture and industry. Their technology is not THAT far behind the BOS, look at their elite rangers and Archimedes. They now have the Hoover Dam as well.

The BOS does not have the same industrial resources like the NCR. The BOS supports its funding through taxing the local villages and towns, and through utilizing limited production capabilities. A limited economy like that is no match to fight a long war of attrition against a fully industrialized economy like the NCR.

The NCR has industrialized production of weapons while the BOS seems to take the more hand crafted route. With an emphasis on quality power armor and quality technological developments. There is no mass production of standardized equipment like the NCR army. In the long haul that means the BOS can never go head to head with the NCR, after plausibly winning a few short term victories.

Finally, there is the huge numbers disparity and the fact that the villages under the BOS do not identify as BOS; the NCR citizens see themselves as NCR. Just so many factors against the BOS. The only reason the BOS survives is because they stopped outright attacking the NCR, the NCR was distracted by the legion, and the BOS does have an edge in technology that deters the NCR.

Edited by cyberpunker1088

The NCR has an actual monetary system and draws on an economy based on agriculture and industry. Their technology is not THAT far behind the BOS, look at their elite rangers and Archimedes. They now have the Hoover Dam as well.

where does it say the ncr won?

Western BoS survived the Mojave war and managed to get into a position to break radio silence. So either the western BoS left New California to the point the NCR is no longer a threat or the peace treaty between the Mojave-NCR forces ended up being the end of the NCR-BoS war. The only two endings we can theorize as being canon is Independent or NCR since those are the only two where the Mojave BoS aren't exterminated.

Independent could mean the entirety of the BoS moved to the Mojave though I doubt that's likely or NCR control the Mojave with a treaty between the BoS.