looking for advice/ comments on 85% done house

TheWorldofRipX

Good job!

I'd add some carpets. Everything is so wide open clutter it up.

Maybe add a few separators to split the rooms up a bit. Also flip that door around

so you can't see the wall when you open it ... And you will need a roof. There are many things that will do this

keep in mind you can size stuff by holding down the S key while moving the mouse.

But ... That's just my personal taste. The mod looks good!

Love the idea! I agree with NexusComa, the rooms are very large & wide open so I would add some enlarged rugs & tapestries where appropriate (Insanity Sorrow has some good free to use ones to add more variety) - also things like seating/reading areas, additional storage (barrels etc) & maybe static clutter displays would help to draw in the space a bit.

Personally I prefer custom merchants, but there is appeal in thinking you have recruited existing NPCs :smile:

Many people would probably like the vacant room as player sleeping quarters, possibly also with bathing facilities - perhaps you could do this by making the entry room a study area?

Awesome first mod :D

Also, it struck me that your character resembles an elven Britney Spears :D

Edited by ElioraArin

Love the idea! I agree with NexusComa, the rooms are very large & wide open so I would add some enlarged rugs & tapestries where appropriate (Insanity Sorrow has some good free to use ones to add more variety) - also things like seating/reading areas, additional storage (barrels etc) & maybe static clutter displays would help to draw in the space a bit.

Personally I prefer custom merchants, but there is appeal in thinking you have recruited existing NPCs :smile:

Many people would probably like the vacant room as player sleeping quarters, possibly also with bathing facilities - perhaps you could do this by making the entry room a study area?

Awesome first mod :D

Also, it struck me that your character resembles an elven Britney Spears :D

you said perhaps you could do this by making the entry room a study area? could you be a tad more specific? do you mean the circle hub, or somewhere different? some things ive done since in a below post..

I hope its "pepsi era" Britney...cause thats when she had it :smile:

Edited by TheWorldofRipX

Thanks guys! I have taken the info to heart...i have made the empty room the bedroom with a safe for money and a named storage bookshelf for non spell tome books. I may split the shrine room a little smaller and add a small study and bathroom to the bedroom? I have split the Kitchen into separate eating and cooking sections...it is now a restaurant, sorta. ive added 4 tables for 2 and 2 tables for 4 also.

not an expert on clutter, so Ill take any info/ advice you got! and yes i am doing the roof when its all done :)

I am far from an expert on it! I suppose cluttering is really just making an area look lived in/personalised/interesting. I am working on a much smaller interior project than yours, & although I hate things looking too bare I also can't stand havocable clutter flying around the room every time you move! I used a tutorial by Darkfox www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQWygz6dCvA to create some custom containers (which it looks like you can already do). I also used the same steps he laid out, stopping short of making the display a container, to make some clutter displays with havoc items static - they can not be interacted with, but they also don't end up all over the floor if you so much as look at them :D

There are also some vanilla items that are already static that can be used to help flesh out your interior, & many beautiful modders resources around for adding additional statics as well.

It is probably personal preference, as I'm sure that there are people who like clutter that they can pick up & take away, but since the purpose is really decorative I personally prefer displays that add storage or permanent aesthetics to an area.

Edit: And sorry, for the study I meant the circular area just inside the entrance, but it was just an idea, you have already done a great job! Also, I did mean the Britney that had it :wink:

Edited by ElioraArin

I am far from an expert on it! I suppose cluttering is really just making an area look lived in/personalised/interesting. I am working on a much smaller interior project than yours, & although I hate things looking too bare I also can't stand havocable clutter flying around the room every time you move! I used a tutorial by Darkfox www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQWygz6dCvA to create some custom containers (which it looks like you can already do). I also used the same steps he laid out, stopping short of making the display a container, to make some clutter displays with havoc items static - they can not be interacted with, but they also don't end up all over the floor if you so much as look at them :D

There are also some vanilla items that are already static that can be used to help flesh out your interior, & many beautiful modders resources around for adding additional statics as well.

It is probably personal preference, as I'm sure that there are people who like clutter that they can pick up & take away, but since the purpose is really decorative I personally prefer displays that add storage or permanent aesthetics to an area.

Edit: And sorry, for the study I meant the circular area just inside the entrance, but it was just an idea, you have already done a great job! Also, I did mean the Britney that had it :wink:

Well im trying to go for an "enclosed city" feel, with the npcs and shops, so I'm not sure the foyer would make a good place to stick a "personal" area like a study...maybe Ill put some benches and a fountain or statue or somethingy...but I am planning to add a study off the bedroom,..maybe by shrinking the shrine room.