Ultimate Fallout 4 Mod Compilation [Neon Wasteland Edition]

Haoswidasee

So BIG thanks to Artfu1D0dger, he took it upon himself to finish a CORE part of the Neon Wasteland Edition. Now all or almost every creature you ever see in the game, will be the glowing variant. Check out Glowing Ghouls and Glowing Creatures!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea. Never thought about it. Now that I saw this, I'm going to look into that for my buildables.

(particularly the BBQ. Should have red glow under the grill itself at least. Hmm, should be a glow from

the stove and fridge too. I mean they do have lights inside.) :smile:

And now that I think about it, my kitchen sink chemistry labs SHOULD glow. I mean really, you're mixing

chems in a bloody SINK! :smile:

Yet more to add to my todo list.

edit: oh, I'm also going to yank the bars out of my mod, I hadn't seen better stores when I dropped them in.

Edited by skubblebubble

I like the idea. Never thought about it. Now that I saw this, I'm going to look into that for my buildables.

(particularly the BBQ. Should have red glow under the grill itself at least. Hmm, should be a glow from

the stove and fridge too. I mean they do have lights inside.) :smile:

And now that I think about it, my kitchen sink chemistry labs SHOULD glow. I mean really, you're mixing

chems in a bloody SINK! :smile:

Yet more to add to my todo list.

edit: oh, I'm also going to yank the bars out of my mod, I hadn't seen better stores when I dropped them in.

All sound like legit ideas. Anything involving glow or lighting or more than welcome. No matter how big or small.

Done! Well, uploaded anyway.

The fridge uses 2 material files, and trying a custom swap got very very weird.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12313/?

No loose files, CK packed them into .ba2 files so they can be safely overriden by loose files.

I haven't done the post war stove yet, that I'm going to do differently.

Fridge (storage): glows inside.

Prewar stove (cook station): elements, dials, and interior glow.

BBQ (cook station: element, wheels, dial, and end bit glow.

Vault sink (chem station) drain glows. working on the pipes, but the file is nasty.

Bathroom sink station (chems): light, drain, and scale reader glow.

It's a start. :smile:

Hadda learn a bunch to do this. Fun stuff.

EDIT: complete redo underway. I figured out how to use different/custom nifs, so I'm redoing everything to use that, so it won't conflict with other mods, or the base units in the game. I'm also going to have 2 files up, one with my version of the diner counters as stores, one without, so it won't duplicate what's in Better Stores.

Had to figure out custom nifs since the fridge uses the stove bgsm as well. Wasn't hard to figure out editing the path in niftools. was surprised how easy it was. :smile: Now if I can figure out how to duplicate that, I could get multiple colors going. (which I would like)

Edit2: ok, fixed it so my changes will not affect everything else. I mean, could have all the stoves/grills glow, that's easy enough.

If people think they should, I'll drop that in, I just spent the day making sure it wouldn't.

(and my grill for example, being pre-war, glows red. I can easily drop in the file to make all the post-war ones glow green the same way.

Same for all the post-war nuked up stoves. If people want that that is)

Edited by skubblebubble

No loose files, CK packed them into .ba2 files so they can be safely overriden by loose files.

Vault sink (chem station) drain glows. working on the pipes, but the file is nasty.

EDIT: complete redo underway. I figured out how to use different/custom nifs, so I'm redoing everything to use that, so it won't conflict with other mods, or the base units in the game. I'm also going to have 2 files up, one with my version of the diner counters as stores, one without, so it won't duplicate what's in Better Stores.

Had to figure out custom nifs since the fridge uses the stove bgsm as well. Wasn't hard to figure out editing the path in niftools. was surprised how easy it was. :smile: Now if I can figure out how to duplicate that, I could get multiple colors going. (which I would like)

Edit2: ok, fixed it so my changes will not affect everything else. I mean, could have all the stoves/grills glow, that's easy enough.

If people think they should, I'll drop that in, I just spent the day making sure it wouldn't.

(and my grill for example, being pre-war, glows red. I can easily drop in the file to make all the post-war ones glow green the same way.

Sorry man, I must have missed your post when you posted it. So besides glowing the insides of stoves, what all does your mod ADD to the game. I need to know the specific items before I add your mod in. Also, I would PERSONALLY prefer a version that DOES affect all the other game stuff. If there is a way to do so, I would prefer a version that doesn't add items into your game or workshop, but instead just replaces all the stoves and other items you mentioned, with YOUR versions WITH the glowing. The Neon Wasteland doesn't rely on Lore Friendly stuff. We are all about the eye candy :D

Edited by Haoswidasee

Sorry man, I must have missed your post when you posted it. So besides glowing the insides of stoves, what all does your mod ADD to the game. I need to know the specific items before I add your mod in. Also, I would PERSONALLY prefer a version that DOES affect all the other game stuff. If there is a way to do so, I would prefer a version that doesn't add items into your game or workshop, but instead just replaces all the stoves and other items you mentioned, with YOUR versions WITH the glowing. The Neon Wasteland doesn't rely on Lore Friendly stuff. We are all about the eye candy :D

Oh, ok. I can do that. The hard part was NOT affecting the rest of the world. heh.

One nukified, radioactive, glow in the dark and you will too version coming up! :devil:

(will go up later today as an optional file on the main buildables page)

I listed everything it does in your 100 mods page (as you saw) and put the link there.

EDIT: it's uploaded, and a few screenies of it changing world items. (had to find an old save)

Edited by skubblebubble

Oh, ok. I can do that. The hard part was NOT affecting the rest of the world. heh.

One nukified, radioactive, glow in the dark and you will too version coming up! :devil:

(will go up later today as an optional file on the main buildables page)

I listed everything it does in your 100 mods page (as you saw) and put the link there.

EDIT: it's uploaded, and a few screenies of it changing world items. (had to find an old save)

Awesome man, super excited. I will put it up in both lists right away.

Bathroom mirror and shower just added.

I kinda like the way the shower curtain turned out. :nuke:

Ok, nobody has done the cars yet. I'll start in on those.

I'll just keep dropping them into the neon version of the buildables. (easier for me)

Eventually, I'll just pack them all up into a standalone replacer.

Edited by skubblebubble

Bathroom mirror and shower just added.

I kinda like the way the shower curtain turned out. :nuke:

Ok, nobody has done the cars yet. I'll start in on those.

I'll just keep dropping them into the neon version of the buildables. (easier for me)

Eventually, I'll just pack them all up into a standalone replacer.

If you plan on doing other stuff you should try your hand at a 2K or 4K retexture of the object first, and then add a glow-map on top of that so it all looks really nice in game. Just a suggestion is all, I will accept glow mods either way :D