LOD (?) Face Bug

PaddyBoy94

Having a problem where if Iʻm up close to an NPC their face looks normal but if I even back up so much as 2 or 3 metres, it starts to look disfigured, the contents of their heads come out (e.g eyeballs, teeth and mouth inside face showing on the outside). Anybody know what could be causing this?

Edited by PaddyBoy94

Could be the follower double face bug (corrected by using the Unofficial Oblivion Patch).

- Edit - After seeing your question in the OCO v2 comments and bevilex's answer something else comes to mind ... are you using Oblivion Reloaded?

Edited by Striker879

I am indeed using the Oblivion Reloaded mod, I forgot to mention it. Am using that mod and the character overhaul mod. After google image searching that said bug, I do not think it is the follower double face bug as I have the unofficial patches installed too and It is a different visual bug where as I get further away the eyes and teeth of the character are all I can see, but as I approach them it dynamically returns to normal. Very distracting.

Edited by PaddyBoy94

All I can suggest is to start disabling mods and testing to find the culprit.

When I asked about Oblivion Reloaded I was thinking of something to do with some of the problems I've seen reported regarding FOV and different skeleton.nifs and stuff like that. Those all affect only the player character as far as I know, not what you are describing.

It would also be a good idea to study the OR manual carefully. When troubleshooting OR as a possible cause be aware that just deactivating it's ESP isn't enough ... you must also temporarily move it's DLL file out of the OBSE\Plugins folder to completely remove it's affect on the game while you test.