Revive Spouse as Synth/ Or through keeping the brain on ice to put in a synth body. + New Endings

jonathanprice

I like the idea of making use of the spouse character, I don't like the synth part of the idea.

I think it would be more interesting if the gunshot only wounded your spouse and they woke up 10 years before you, injured and confused. Either that or they are frozen while in critical condition and you have to bring a doctor to Vault 111 with you so they can perform surgery right as you unfreeze them.

I think I will inevitably go with the fact that they are frozen in time, after recieving a colossal wound. to the chest. They died of shock instantly, and are, legally dead but the brain is perfectly in-tact. So you have to build a Vessel for the brain.

I like the nightmare idea too. Echoes of the day when shaun was taken and your spouse was shot repeating every time you sleep

I think that gives the player too much control.

A good tragic story isn't about empowering the player to feel like they can do anything, including raising the dead. I think the story needs more of a twist to it than that.

Well that's where the main quest comes in really. It's another incentive to allign with the institute, for selfish reasons.

I would've enjoyed some mass effect 3 style dreams/visions where instead of a stupid kid, every once in a while you have nightmarish visions of your dead spouse or something. Like I've said in other threads, they missed a lot of opportunities to add a lot of emotional attachment to other characters and just overall epic moments.