Mod Concept: Power Armor Weapons

DisGuyOvahEere

so i've been wondering, why aren't there any weapons that can be built exclusively for power armor? like wrist rockets, or shoulder mounted canons (of any kind be it ballistic, lazer or plasma), or pop-out bladed weapons (wolverine claws, predator blades), maybe railguns or iron-man like lazers. maybe just attach an automatron head to the torso. you get the idea.

i don't know how to mod so im just throwing this idea out there for those who do.

would anyone be intrested in making mods like this or proposing other PA weapons?

PA only weapons would make sense, for my opinion the minigun should be already that, it just looks stoopid when people without PA run around with theese things (the recoil should make them stagger backward already...)

So we should have PA mounted weapons one can not use without!

(and the smaller guns look kinda toyish when used while inside an PA and do not make sense, you wear that thing to lay down the hurt seriously, not to shoot molerats...)

Wrist rockets are too gimmicky,shoulder mounted cannons would hinder movement too much and you wouldn't want to have those things near your head (the deafening sound,the heat) and laser weapons are too big to be able to be fitted on your hand while still being able to use it.Besides,everything of this would be way too advanced for your average wastelander.

Bladed weapons weren't made for Power Armour because lore-wise,a punch is enough to either kill a man or knock him out,but I could see some raiders duct-taping chainsaws or swords onto their Power Armour.

I never understood why the strength of PA was never utilized.Give people in PA Anti-Tank Rifles instead of normal sniper rifles (PA was supposed to be the successor to tanks,so having the same fire power as another soldier just doesn't justify that,and I could imagine that someone in PA could lift and shoot Anti Tank Rifles),make Autocannons instead of miniguns,etc.

Hm maybe something like a heavy weapon which looks like a tank cannon, like that stuff from Warhammer 40k. There you have Shields and hammers, power swords, claws and the like. Maybe even some of the bolters or other weapons, that are too heavy for a normal human without the support of a servo skelleton to lift.

Edited by ravennight

To start, the Broadsider should be a PA only weapon, since the weight of a naval cannon would be ridiculous for a man to carry and aim effectively. With that in mind, I think we should develop that concept and adapt large caliber naval and anti-tank canons for being handled the same way as the Broadsider, when in power armor.

As an example, I leave the 37 mm Flak 18 cannon found on the Stuka Ju87 dive bomber planes.

http://hsfeatures.com/features04/images/ju87g272cw_9.jpg

It's lightweight, since that plane can carry two of them (together with a 1-ton bomb), and features a six-round magazine (which the wastelander could be able to extend). For ammo, it uses armor-piercing tungsten carbide-cored shells that were used to pierce through tank armor, with the option to use High Explosive shells instead.

Can you imagine what a shot from this thing could do to a Super Mutant or a Raider using power armor, or even the Brotherhood? I think this gun is a great candidate for a PA only weapon.

Edited by BarleyAlive

There was discussion about this before, and people seemed to believe that it wasn't (currently) possible. How true that is, I am not sure, as I haven't even looked into it yet, nor am I super experienced to begin with. It seems to me that, if it were to be done (Mind you, I have ZERO scripting experience in FO4, so, I do not know for sure the functionality exists), that a weapon that is meant to be PA usage only, could use an attached script that checks for the user being in said PA, and if not, either drops the gun, puts it back into inventory, or stops the character from moving etc etc, basically has some seriously ill effect.

I would THINK that there are commands to detect whether you are in PA or not, but, I could be wrong. If not, perhaps its a functionality that could added by the script extension. *shrug*

As for PA MOUNTED weapons, not sure how you would go bout it exactly.

I would THINK that there are commands to detect whether you are in PA or not, but, I could be wrong. If not, perhaps its a functionality that could added by the script extension. *shrug*

There are since the game doesn't let you equip a Power Fist, and other similar weapons, while in Power Armor.

Something in the game knows when you have PA on, it does not let you use beds and other items. So duplicating that detection for the ability to equip certain weapons would not be that hard in theory with the CK.