Mod Idea: Documentation

abdia

I understand, and know that this will not be possible until the Creation Kit comes out, but I'm gonna put this idea out anyway :tongue:

Have you ever ventured into the wasteland, read reports, entries, etc., in terminals, paper (notes) and wondered: Why can't I make my own terminal and note Entries? Well, I believe there should be a mod that does this!

Features:

• You should be able to write any entry on any logical place, like terminals, paper, etc.
  • Players should have the option to name their terminals, similar to how, almost every terminal is named: RobCo Terminal Bla bla.
  • Players should be able to name their entry, both terminals and paper, not like: Entry 1, Entry 2.
  • (A bit overboard) Players could be given the option to add a logging in feature, where they maybe need a holotape password in order to access the ability to write (They would choose the password)
  • (Also a bit overboard) Players could get their own usernames and such, with different logins displaying different names, and edit-ability of different entries, to create like a messaging type thing? I understand that there is only 1 player, but having more than one login possible on one terminal would be great for stuff like custom missions, and roleplaying.

Please remember that I am not demanding this, it would just be a great idea I thought of, also, if this mod is made, you do not necessarily have to give me credit in any way, but you may if you feel it is necessary.

Thanks for reading, hope some people might enjoy using and or making this mod

Edited by abdia

• 6 months later...