• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

trrrf

trrrf

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

I have mods installed in my NMM list, but when I try to activate them, the box pops up but quickly closes, with no error messages. This started happening after I updated NMM, and it only does this with mods that I installed prior to updating, but not with mods that I installed afterwards.

DuskDweller

DuskDweller

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,097 posts

It is supposed to be fast if you're just activating them (from red symbol to green symbol) and not installing them (from grayed out to green symbol).

trrrf

trrrf

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

It is supposed to be fast if you're just activating them (from red symbol to green symbol) and not installing them (from grayed out to green symbol).

I know it's supposed to be fast, but the mods are never actually activated. I never see the green bar or anything. The box just flickers and then closes in a fraction of a second, instead of doing what it normally does.

Edited by trrrf, 04 April 2016 - 01:30 PM.

DuskDweller

DuskDweller

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,097 posts

Can you post a screenshot please? (of your mods list)

ignorance112

ignorance112

Stranger

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I am having the same problem. When i try to activate a mod the box pops up for a second and nothing else happens. The mod still has the red symbol next to it.

Attached Files

Edited by ignorance112, 05 April 2016 - 09:49 PM.

ignorance112

ignorance112

Stranger

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I think i found a solution (I cant promise that this will work for everyone and that it will not cause more problems since i am not an expert on this but it did work for me).

I found where the mods are from the NMM client and then closed the NMM client.

I went to D:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Skyrim\Mods and copied all the mods.

Pasted the mods to a new folder.

Then deleted the mods from D:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Skyrim\Mods.

I went to D:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Skyrim\Mods\cache. 

Copied all the files from there to a second new folder.

Then deleted the files from D:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Skyrim\Mods\cache.

Now i went and opened the NMM client and when it asked if i moved the mods folder i pressed no on it.

After that was done and NMM client was open i saw that there were 0 mods downloaded/installed which is what i expected.

Then i closed the NMM client.

I went back to D:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Skyrim\Mods\ and pasted all the mods there from the first folder i made.

Next i went to D:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Skyrim\Mods\cache and pasted all the files from the second folder i made.

Then i opened NMM client and everything was working. I have not had problems for the 10 minutes of play testing i did.

Sorry if this was badly written. (also was what i did basically uninstalling and reinstalling the mods?)

Edited by ignorance112, 05 April 2016 - 10:57 PM.

McWho113

McWho113

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 444 posts
Thank you. Very much for this post I was having the same problem after I migrated my operating system to an SSD. But I wanted to move my nexus manager to my hard drive I did all this and that's where I had the problem but what you explain the trick of pulling the files out worked the bummer was I have 102 mods installed so I was hitting no for a while finger cramp

Chaos2023

Chaos2023

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I am having the same problem. When i try to activate a mod the box pops up for a second and nothing else happens. The mod still has the red symbol next to it.

Edited by Chaos2023, 21 January 2018 - 07:58 PM.

Chaos2023

Chaos2023

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I think i found a solution (I cant promise that this will work for everyone and that it will not cause more problems since i am not an expert on this but it did work for me).

Now i went and opened the NMM client and when it asked if i moved the mods folder i pressed no on it.

After that was done and NMM client was open i saw that there were 0 mods downloaded/installed which is what i expected.

I went back to D:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Skyrim\Mods\ and pasted all the mods there from the first folder i made.

Next i went to D:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Skyrim\Mods\cache and pasted all the files from the second folder i made.

Then i opened NMM client and everything was working. I have not had problems for the 10 minutes of play testing i did.

Sorry if this was badly written. (also was what i did basically uninstalling and reinstalling the mods?)

Thnx it helped

GunL3G3ND

GunL3G3ND

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Juny 2019, and I can confirm it still works. Thanks!

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.019 seconds