NMM won't activate mods?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

JakeDornan

JakeDornan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

I think i found a solution (I cant promise that this will work for everyone and that it will not cause more problems since i am not an expert on this but it did work for me).

I found where the mods are from the NMM client and then closed the NMM client.

I went to D:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Skyrim\Mods and copied all the mods.

Pasted the mods to a new folder.

Then deleted the mods from D:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Skyrim\Mods.

I went to D:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Skyrim\Mods\cache. 

Copied all the files from there to a second new folder.

Then deleted the files from D:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Skyrim\Mods\cache.

Now i went and opened the NMM client and when it asked if i moved the mods folder i pressed no on it.

After that was done and NMM client was open i saw that there were 0 mods downloaded/installed which is what i expected.

Then i closed the NMM client.

I went back to D:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Skyrim\Mods\ and pasted all the mods there from the first folder i made.

Next i went to D:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Skyrim\Mods\cache and pasted all the files from the second folder i made.

Then i opened NMM client and everything was working. I have not had problems for the 10 minutes of play testing i did.

Sorry if this was badly written. (also was what i did basically uninstalling and reinstalling the mods?)

October 2020, and I can confirm that this still works for me

JimmyRJump

JimmyRJump

MoralMinority

• Premium Member
  • 11,176 posts

Keep Nexus Mod Manager updated.  Original post is from 2016.  Meanwhile, a lot has changed, like the switch from HTTP to HTTPS for websites and the use of .esl files on top of .esp and .esm files.  Click the link in my sig to make sure you have the latest version of NMM.

QueerBait99

QueerBait99

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Keep Nexus Mod Manager updated.  Original post is from 2016.  Meanwhile, a lot has changed, like the switch from HTTP to HTTPS for websites and the use of .esl files on top of .esp and .esm files.  Click the link in my sig to make sure you have the latest version of NMM.

updating NMM is what caused me this issue.

Synth2Gen

Synth2Gen

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I think i found a solution (I cant promise that this will work for everyone and that it will not cause more problems since i am not an expert on this but it did work for me).

I found where the mods are from the NMM client and then closed the NMM client.

I went to D:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Skyrim\Mods and copied all the mods.

Pasted the mods to a new folder.

Then deleted the mods from D:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Skyrim\Mods.

I went to D:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Skyrim\Mods\cache. 

Copied all the files from there to a second new folder.

Then deleted the files from D:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Skyrim\Mods\cache.

Now i went and opened the NMM client and when it asked if i moved the mods folder i pressed no on it.

After that was done and NMM client was open i saw that there were 0 mods downloaded/installed which is what i expected.

Then i closed the NMM client.

I went back to D:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Skyrim\Mods\ and pasted all the mods there from the first folder i made.

Next i went to D:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Skyrim\Mods\cache and pasted all the files from the second folder i made.

Then i opened NMM client and everything was working. I have not had problems for the 10 minutes of play testing i did.

Sorry if this was badly written. (also was what i did basically uninstalling and reinstalling the mods?)

Helped for a similar issue with Fallout 4  :nuke:

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.066 seconds