Ghoul Problem at Somerville Place Glitch- Quest not continuable

ZacInual

Hey Nexus, weird bug today. I'm doing a second play through of Fallout 4, and I've just been assigned the mission by Preston to unlock the Somerville place workshop - "Ghoul Problem at Somerville Place". My problem is that the person I need to talk to at Somerville place is actually outside of the map, beyond the boundaries, and is unreachable by no-clipping. I have tried loading an earlier save, but the person is still outside of the map, to the west, beyond the glowing sea. The quest can be auto-completed by console commands, however the workshop at Somerville place is not unlocked upon completion. First question: Is there a way to talk to the settler so that I can successfully continue and complete the quest, and second question, is there a console command that unlocks the Somerville place workshop?

I would appreciate some help with this weird bug. Thanks!

~ZacInual

This happened to me but I got you covered Here is his ref ID# just open the console type in "prid 001e81d6" then "moveto player" and your good to go. Remove quotes before typing in the commands. enjoy

• 4 months later...

This happened to me but I got you covered Here is his ref ID# just open the console type in "prid 001e81d6" then "moveto player" and your good to go. Remove quotes before typing in the commands. enjoy

YOU ARE AWESOME !!!

Thank you so much for this, now if I could just figure out where the damn kids went... lol

Are you using a settlement border extender mod?

There is one that I had the same issue with. Placing the quest marker way off the map. I do not remember who the author is thow.

The only real fix is to uninstall that mod.

Edited by bill8872

There is one that I had the same issue with. Placing the quest marker way off the map. I do not remember who the author is thow.

The mod is "Settlement expansion all in one V6.1 By jkoroll14" I have a fixed file that dose not affect Sommerville place if anyone wants a copy

The mod is "Settlement expansion all in one V6.1 By jkoroll14" I have a fixed file that dose not affect Sommerville place if anyone wants a copy

Ok, I have been using Eysenbiss' final 'all-in-one' Settlement Expansion. Never had an issue with it.

Except when Bethesda broke two settlements in the 1.6 update.

I,ve been playing this game since launch and I had the same problem in one of my play trough's, so I wrote down their REF ID's thought it might come in handy

Beth may of changed them to just settler, but at one time they were named NPC's