Possible Load Order COS (Homemaker)

Tanis41493

Hey all, hope you're enjoying your morning/afternoon/evening! So I'm having an issue with my mods, and it may or may not have to do with my load order. I'm kinda spoiled, as I always used BOSS, and then LOOT when it came out, and considering that they don't have a masterlist for Fallout 4 yet, I do the best I can with the load order specified by mod authors (For those who actually do give specifications). The problem I'm having is connected to the Homemaker mod, but it started out of nowhere. So I primarily got it for the food planters and the Covenant walls (Gotta build my Commonwealth fortress!) and everything was alright, until one day I went to access the custom doors section (Since I can't seem to put doors in any doorways that are pre-existing), and it goes to the scroll bar...and CTD's. So I ended up booting the game again, and it went fine as long as I didn't access the custom doors (I just figured I'd wait for an update). Now, however, I had forgotten and went to access the custom doors again, and I CTD. So I remembered, went to reboot, and it gave me the black screen right before the bootup, and then crashed (No error message, no "Fallout 4.exe is not responding", just a crash. So i went and checked for an update and found one. I downloaded it, but still nothing. I don't know if it's an issue with my load order, or if something else is going on. I tried deactivating the mod (I also deleted the old esp and all files associated with it just to be safe) and it still gives nothing. Below I'm attaching my load order, maybe it's something there? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Tanis

I had a similar problem and I solved it by manually installing Homemaker and its data files into the Fallout4 install directory. Several mods have issues with the virtual store that the current Nexus Mod Manager uses and will not load meshes. The CTD is caused by missing meshes.

The "Custom Doors" section is actually from (Safe) SSEx, not from Homemaker. Older versions - like the one you use - cause a known CTD on a certain door in that section. Either update to the latest version, which has been fixed by Ethreon, or get rid of it in the first place, since it doesn't add much that isn't also in Homemaker anyways.

Apart from that, it might be that your latest savegame is corrupted by now, so you might have to revert to an older save.

And in general, you might also want to check out this guide