All right I have a totally awesome idea for a mod it's called Custom Factions. basically how you create your own faction is if the happiness is high enough in your settlement you can create a faction, you will get to name the faction, set it so that your soldiers either always were power armor or sometimes were power armor or never were power armor, upload or make your own logo, set the color of your flag/banner, set what weapons your soldiers will use if you want them to use specific weapons, and even set what other factions your faction is allied to like the Brotherhood of steel, the Minutemen, the Railroad, or the Institute, you can also set minor factions as allies aswell like the Gunners, the Raiders, the Triggermen, the Children Of Atom, or the Atom Cats, aswell as DLC factions like the Rust Devils, the ally system has lots of benefits such as your allies will aid you when your settlements are under attack aswell as give you supplies, you may also ally with other custom factions, you can also set the color of your power armor whether it be a custom paintjob or a default paintjob, and you can also side with you faction at the end of the game and the other factions your allied to will determine what ending you get like if your allied to the institute some synths will aid your soldiers in the final battle, but what factions your allied to will also make any enemies of that faction hate you like if your allied with the institute you cant ally with the Brotherhood or the railroad but if you ally with the Minutemen no one will hate you so there basically a neutral ally, you can also set your faction members attire, you will also get your factions flag as a decoration item for your settlements, you can set radio stations as your factions official radio station or you can make your own radio station with your favorite songs, mod support like the robot defenses mod, weapon mods, aswell as radio mods, have your soldiers be able to use Vertibirds, as an ending if you side with your faction and if you are enemies with the Brothehood of Steel you are able to take the Prydwen, prisoners of war will be a thing say your soldiers are battling while you are adventuring you have a chance of getting a notice saying the battle was successful and that your soldiers have taken prisoners and you will be asked what to do. that's all the ideas I have for now for the mod if you want to suggest ideas for the mod be my guest. thank you for reading hopefully a modder will be able to make this idea a reality.

Edited by creepermin3

I love the idea of fluid factions, conditional on what you are doing, who you are working with, etc.

There are options to set ally or enemy in the vanilla Easy City Downs scripts, plus some of the random encounters.

@ThoraldGM. Oh no no sorry I worded that wrong what I meant was that your factions soldiers will help you in the battle against the brotherhood and there will be less synths and that your soldiers will help you defend the synth that's hacking Liberty Prime and as for what you said about the ally and enemy etc. etc. I'm aware of that and I'm again sorry for wording that wrong what I meant was for the mod to mimic real life diplomacy, economy, non aggression pacts, and war what I'm saying is you can become enemies with the Railroad and Brotherhood Of Steel early on in the story if you decide to ally with the Institute and open up completely new missions even before the Battle Of Bunker Hill quest. again sorry in advance for the way I worded things and thanks you reading and commenting.

Edited by creepermin3

• 10 months later...

Wow I forgot I had this idea , I actually have a couple more ideas for this. ally with DLC factions like Arcadia, Mechanist Robots, Far Harbor, Nuka World Raiders, and the Nuka World Traders, have a choice on whether or not your faction uses slaves and be involved in slave trading, Custom Faction DLC endings for example if you playing a good character and are going to take out the Nuka World Raiders but you think the Traders are to weak and don't have a chance to successfully defend Nuka World you'll have the choice to take Nuka World for your faction and have choices on how to run Nuka World, like do you want to free the Traders from slavery or keep them as slaves, or have your faction lead an assault against the Children Of Atom, Far Harbor, or Arcadia(depending on which faction your allied to), new faction mechanics like corruption, medical system, faction moral, crime rate(which will be connected to your corruption levels, more corruption leads to more crime), Laws(set whats legal and illegal or maybe you'd rather have an anarchistic faction with no laws ), and default settlement mechanics(happiness, food, water, beds) which will have a major effect on your people's opinion of you and can either prevent or encourage rebelion, Vault 88's experiments will have a great effect on your faction's corruption, medical system, and moral depending on which choices you made during the Vault-Tec DLC quests, ally with distant factions like the NCR, Caesar's Legion, Mr. House, Yes Man, Big MT, Pitt Raiders, Lyon's Brotherhood Remnants, Brotherhood Outcasts, Enclave Remnants(Col. Autumn and West coast), and Midwestern Brotherhood of Steel just to name a few, and Propaganda posters and eyebots that play your faction's official radio station around the Commonwealth to increase how many people join your faction.