So, I've gotten a lot of interest from people wanting to do some voice acting for my mods, Here There Be Monsters and Here There Be Monsters: Call of Cthulhu. This weekend I will transcribe all the dialogue and start posting in this discussions tabs (and in this forum). If you're interested, please check it out and decide what characters you want to voice. I'll keep everything on a first-come basis, but if there's a lot of interest in certain characters I guess we can do some kind of auditions? I'm not really expected that many volunteers, but who knows. If you're interested, please check it out! (Message me too, so I can keep track of everyone.) I wasn't even going to try to tackle voice acting for this, but hell if enough people are willing to pitch in then let's do it! Thank you all for your continued interest!

FULL DIALOGUE IS AVAILABLE HERE: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1u0w6idAAfk4O7XWSOeb31oV-g7AvbVYvmJtsYxOoXU4/edit?usp=sharing

Here is a quick breakdown of characters:

The Hunter - The main character in the mod; you basically become his sidekick. He gives you the extent of the quests, is by your side the whole time. Your typical gruff, haunted sailor character, kind of a mix of Aragorn and Quint from Jaws (if that makes sense.) He will have a lot of dialogue.

Captain Gamli - A perpetually drunken sea captain, needs to be hilarious (but in a serious way, not a clown.) I'm imagining a stereotypical Scotch-Irish sailor accent, but not necessarily straight pirate. This could be fun.

Captain Ghoragdag - A badass orc women; all business, no bulls***. Anyone wants to try their hand at an female orc voice, be my guest.

Captain Guomundr - A mountain of a nord. Deep, haunted, a man of few words.

Survivors - A female khajiit, a male wood elf, a female redguard, a male breton, and a male child. These just have a little bit of dialogue. Need each to be a sort of terrified, PTSD survivor. Not necessarily frantic, more deeply shaken.

Phorcys - The Shepherd of the Sea, a gigantic Lurker. You appeal to his sensibilities to try and tame Tiamat. This could be anything. Huge, booming, gargling, fishy...I'm open to ideas.

Tiamat - This is the living embodiment of the sea, the storm goddess, the chaos mother. You talk to her after you defeat her. She is broken and stripped of her power, but still a goddess. Feminine, but still terrible and slightly noble. I keep envisioning Galadriel's crazy power trip in Fellowship of the Ring, but not nearly that intense. Obviously she's not a big fan of you, so she needs to sound pretty hostile.

Abdul Al'hazred - The mad poet, the crazy arab (in this case a Dunmer) who wrote the Necronomicon. For some reason I really want him to sound like Floki from the show Vikings, just batshit crazy and hilarious but also kind of terrifying.

Cultist - batshit madmen, similar to the voices of the Miraak Cultist, I think they’re mostly dunmer. Must be able to pronounce Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn :-)

Obed Marsh - The leader of Innsmouth/captain of the Yellow King. I'd like the Innsmouthers to have a strange accent (like the heavy new england accent in Lovecraft's books) but I'm not entirely sure how that would even sound. Obed should be little more cultured, seeing as he's the only one that actually deals with normal people.

Priest of Dagaan - Similar to Obed, fairly intelligent. Should sound pretty skeezy and creepy too.

Innsmouthers & Yellow King Sailors - Same accent, both men and women. Should be almost incomprehensible.

Delmus - Typical Telvanni Dark Elf. Desperate, needs your help, so not as much of a dick as usual.

Flagg - A wise Skaal shaman who knows a whole lot about the Necronomicon. Something should seem off about him.

Nyarlathotep/The Yellow King - I combined Nyarlathotep and Hastur into one character. He needs to be creepy as f*** and evil but intelligent and powerful. Free reign with this one. Also, Yellow King wears a mask, so he should sound slightly muffled.

High Priest of Cthulhu - can just be a standard cultist.

Sailors - just a few lines of dialogue for random sailors, need a few voice types.

Zadok Allen - A alcoholic resident of Innsmouth. Not part of the cult, but knows of their misdeeds.

Hermaeus Mora - I’d like him to sound as closely as possible to his vanilla voice. Anyone who’s good at impressions, go for it.

I think that covers everyone. Let me know what interests you!

Edited by Araanim

• 10 months later...