UNP Body Uninstall Glitch Invisible Walls

CharlieCobolt

I've encountered a glitch I can't find any information about.

BACKGROUND:

I recently switched to a new computer and booted up Skyrim with my cloud saves. I downloaded the majority of the mods I had on the last computer but omitted some since I wanted to start a new char. Eventually however I felt like playing a save from the old computer. I'll describe it as best as I can and maybe you can help me?

GLITCH:

As I walk around there seems to be invisible obstacles placed in my characters way at irregular intervals. If I just run against them (and stay suspended in a fashionable moonwalk) They'll let me pass through in a few seconds. These unknown forces also pushes my char around making her float to the right and left. Imagine swimming in a strong current after drinking 3 shots of vodka and then having to make careful manouvres to avoid dragon fire! I've reloaded and entered new areas, just kept on playing for 15 min and used fast travel.

PROBABLE CAUSE:

One major mod I didn't install in my new computer (And don't want to even if it would solve the problem) was Dimonized UNP bodies (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/6709/?)

I believe now that my character is forced back into a vanilla body the game has problems with her model and so she just floats across the Nirn getting stuck on invisible objects. I haven't got the same problem on any newly created characters on this computer.

HELP:

I've got the mod order of my old comp and new comp handy in case anyone's wondering. From what I've read I'm guessing I need to use something like TES5Edit or run FNIS patch maybe? Problem is I'm not tech savvy enough to know where to begin here. Feels like I'd have to install the vanilla body texture in the save game or something but since it has reverted to vanilla body and just has this glitch instead I'm at a loss. Please tell me you have all my answers internet! Thanks for your time.

The original Dimonized UNP body is just a mesh/texture change (no ESP data that could get baked into the save). You can safely install and uninstall without any harm to the game. I suspect your issue stems from a different mod that you opted not to re-install when setting up on the new computer. The fact that new games work fine indicate this to be the case.

If you did use FNIS before and opted not to re-install a mod with animations, then re-running the FNIS generator may help. However, if you have did not use FNIS before, doing so now probably won't help.

Did you opt not to re-install a mod that placed objects around the game world? Could be that there is collision data baked into the save file which is causing your character to get hung up on what appears to be nothing.

Rule of thumb:

It is always best to start fresh when removing mods especially ESP/ESM mods. Continuing such games will almost always develop some sort of glitch at some point in time.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Yes I also did not re-install several mods which included new world placed objects/Locations, however I get hung up on invisible things which then dissapear even in The Soul Cairn. Can I clean the save file somehow? I spent over 100 hours on this character (My most played) we have a history and I miss her :( I installed some new animations and so will try FNIS again.

There are save game cleaner tools but I cannot recommend any as I've never used them. I find it preferable to simply restart when I change my mods.

If you really want to use this character, the safest thing to do would be this:

Re-install all mods with ESP/ESM files that are masters of the save file. To figure this out you would use Wrye Bash to look at the specific save file. It will list all plugins that are required by the save file for proper operation. It will also list the order in which the ESP/ESM files were used. You would not need to re-install texture/mesh mods like UNP only those that included active ESP/ESM files. But this may not be a viable option if you did not save the mod files from before and one or more of them are no longer available to download.