The Thread You Never Thought You'd See

Quetzlsacatanango

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I am targeting May 1 for first release. No testers have reported anything huge so I don't see any reason at this point why it wouldn't happen.

I there is one quest I am trying to tidy up right now and I would like an opinion on whether I have neglected any possible scenario. I never know what you people are going to come up with.

There is a bounty hunter (Vaughn) in town, his target is one of the town's resident's. Problem is, he likes the town and doesn't want to make enemies there, which he will do if he carries out his contract. If he doesn't carry out the contract, the bounty hunting company will send enforcers after him, and his bounty, and anyone else who gets in the way. So what to do? Here are the possible solutions as it stands today, different solutions give different town reps:

Kill the enforcers - this will solve the problem temporarily, but more will come eventually (not really implemented in game yet). Vaughn becomes town resident.

Speech check the enforcers to believe that Vaughn already came and went, nothing to see here, move along. They will go away forever. Vaughn becomes town resident.

Convince Vaughn to turn himself in to the enforcers. Vaughn leaves with enforcers, presumably to be executed.

Kill Vaughn

Hide Vaughn in hiding place A - Enforcers will find him and kill him

Hide Vaughn in hiding place B - Enforcers will not find him, and leave forever. Vaughn becomes town resident.

Do nothing - if you do nothing for a certain amount of time, Vaughn will get tired of waiting and do what he has to do: carry out his contract. He will then leave forever, but leave a note of apology for the town.

This is probably the most complex quest in terms of moving parts so I would like to know if anyone sees some scenario that a player might do that I didn't anticipate.

Thanks

The only thing I can see as a potential problem is the player killing the bounty in an attempt to help Vaughn, because if the bounty dies without Vaughn's involvement then he avoids being ostracized and the bounty company can't complain. But I guess that depends on whether you know the bountie's identity or not.

Yes!

Good catch.

You do know who the bounty is. Vaughn admits right away that he flapped his gums too much when he first showed up. That's why he can't just whack the guy and pretend someone else did it.

I will put in a catch for that. Maybe even give you the opportunity to kill the guy and blame Vaughn for it :devil:

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...