JAM Problem

paladina

JAM is working fine for me (love the new Catalyst conversation) until after the fleet returns home past the burnt-out relay at the beginning of Hackett's epilogue speech. Then I get the black screens to his speech and the later mixed up slides. And after that there's just music and the game freezes there and doesn't continue.

I see from the mod page's posts that I'm not the only one who's had this problem (or something similar, at least) but this happened the first time I used the mod, and none of the suggested solutions have worked for me. I deleted and replayed the ending and reloaded the DLC and even re-downloaded the mod to no avail.

Does anybody have any other ideas or at least some clue of what files I could check?

Yes, version A and the destroy ending. I'm not using any other mods, but did use the Gibbed Save Editor to change Shepherd's hair color and get some of the guns and armor earlier in the game, I believe.

In previous playthroughs I was using parts of MEHEM to get the JAM ending from back before there was a separate mod and we had the additional DLC ability. I went and changed everything back to the regular Extended Cut before installing JAM, but maybe I missed something?

I'd be happy to send you the save file, but what's the best way to get you a link to it? Is there a good place to upload it?

OneDrive is what I use but there are other free services you can sign up for. Then just PM me the link.

However, I'd say if you were editing files within the Extended Cut in any way, try repairing that installation first and giving it a go. Or likewise, if you edited stuff in the JAM folder, install that again.

I haven't changed anything in JAM and I've tried deleting/reinstalling it several times to no avail. I went ahead and repaired everything via Origin and installed JAM again clean on top of that, and the problem persisted as usual. So save game link sent, and thank you for taking a look at it!

Well, this is annoying. The thing worked for me just fine. The only thing I can think to do, which takes yet more time, would be to delete everything in the Mass Effect 3 Install folder (you can leave documents stuff alone though) and then install from scratch, and then install JAM, and then see if it works. It's possible some remnant files are hanging out in the core files somewhere that need to be deleted because even a repair can miss them. For example, if a DLC mod is there, a repair won't touch it.