Is this a dictatorship?

DeepSoul

I read this very interesting thread about how the moderators do their job and found this comment by Robin Scott: "Welcome to the Nexus sites -- where we take people on their word (and subsequently call their bluff) when they tick the box saying "I have read, understood and agree to these rules and conditions". Got a problem with the staff? Bring it to me as I'm the only one who can do anything about it. This isn't a democracy so bringing it out in the public will only get you a one-way ticket out of here."

So we can't speak our opinion when we think something is wrong? Are you like a dictator who doesn't listen to the members and decide about things as your whim and wit tells you? I don't have a problem with a moderator or the owner but I feel the need to discuss this because without the members this network would be nothing, just like a state would be nothing without it's people, savvy? :) If we can't discuss things like this in the open without getting banned, I don't want to be part of this. It's a matter of principle. The internet should be a free, open-minded community where freedom of speech rules. Of course the rules are there for a reason and I have nothing against them but it would be nice if the staff had a more humble approach to things. It's stated in the "terms and conditions" thread that the staff should be treated as equals with the members. All this is just my humble opinion however. You are free to completely ignore it, ban me or feed me to the dogs(although I hardly think I deserve it).

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Freedom of speech does not = freedom of trolling.

^This.

I just read the thread in question and I do have to agree the OP deserved a punishment, he was acting a bit smart with Buddah. I do agree though, people should not be banned for speaking their mind as long as they do it in a mature fashion. My two cents.

Edited by freedom613

Clearly this place is a tyranical dictatorship lead by Adolf Dark0ne and his band of crones including such loveable characters as Mao Buddah, Lon Stalin, The Czar Dante, Saddam BBen, Kim Jong Darkewolf, Vladimir Thandal, Kaiser Vagrant0 and....Myrmaad Palin (sorry Myr...).

Clearly this place is a tyranical dictatorship lead by Adolf Dark0ne and his band of crones including such loveable characters as Mao Buddah, Lon Stalin, The Czar Dante, Saddam BBen, Kim Jong Darkewolf, Vladimir Thandal, Kaiser Vagrant0 and....Myrmaad Palin (sorry Myr...).

This is one of the most hilarious replies I think I have ever read on these forums.

Ofcourse it's a dictatorship, if I own a site and I want things being done a certain way... I'll make it so. Same as which that Dark0ne has over the nexus.

But this is a good dictatorship. This is one of the few decent forums left.

Most are full of swearing, trolling children (and sometimes immature adults also).

So for the price of peace, sticking to the TOS is the best way forward.

You sometimes have to be cruel to the trolls to be kind :D

Lol, as I suspected. But La Resistance will never give up! Erm...of course I'm not part of them though. :rolleyes: ;) Btw, who is Vladimir Thandal referring to?

@KDStudius

You are right in a way but I've seen other decent forums where the need for moderating isn't that great but they are smaller communities.

...Myrmaad Koch?

Dark0ne does actually listen to feedback. He doesn't have (at least I don't think) a golden throne to sit upon from which he dismisses good ideas. If you have an idea or question, you bring it to him. The reason it isn't often allowed openly in the forums is because it almost always degrades into flaming.

@KDStudius

You are right in a way but I've seen other decent forums where the need for moderating isn't that great but they are smaller communities.

Yeah me too, but they're small communities

Last I saw the nexus was celebrating like two million members or something like that.

" Total Members: 2,321,272 "

That's a lot of people to keep under control. Usually its hard to have a group of 30 people together without drama.

Dark0ne does things his way and that just so happens to work.

Don't forget our lord and saviour Dark0ne gave us these!

:armscrossed: :facepalm: :psyduck: :ohdear: :dance: :hurr:

[btw, who is Vladimir Thandal referring to?

Think it's Vladimir Lenin :biggrin:

Also, now that I'm replying anyway, if this were a dictatorship, why do some who were previously banned get reinstated? (KDStudios is a prime example of this btw) Doesn't seem very dictator-like to me.