Is this a dictatorship?

DeepSoul

(sorry Myr...).

I just poked myself in the eye with a sharp stick and it hurt less.

I'll give you a new title...Myrmaad Thatcher(The iron lady). How does that sound?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(sorry Myr...).

I just poked myself in the eye with a sharp stick and it hurt less.

I'll give you a new title...Myrmaad Thatcher(The iron lady). How does that sound?

I'll take that deal.

maybe Myrmaad Marcos -- but you don't collect shoes -- or do you?

i gotta say i like this site a lot. i was apart of another forum not too long ago, been there since near beginning, was one of the top 5 contributors of the site (it was a crap ton smaller, there were no threads to just randomly post stuff like there are here, meaning our post counts were actually relative) idr how many ppl there were, certainly not in the millions, but still a lot. it was good for awhile, but then the Admin (the guy who made the site) help applications for new mods, the ones who were chosen were also long time users of the site, but it seems like right after that those new mods, and some of the old ones just reveled in power. the warnings came out a lot more, the bans (mostly temp but a couple perm) seemed to roll out more. then one day i got like a mass warn (one warning via PM about all the things i had done lately) about small things, like posting in the wrong forum a few times, by one of the new mods, and i PMed him back saying there was no need to warn me, that he simply coulda told me. i got my account perma banned. i made a new account and tried making an apology/appeal and just got told off and IP banned.

i had a slip on this site recently, my appeal listened to and since im here, obviously enough it was respected and all is well. from what i know about the old forum from friends, its going down hill fast. most of the regular community and top posters have either been banned of just left. and the mods are out of control from what i hear.

tl;dr: this site is a great site. the way its handled with such an immense size is amazing. i will always be apart of this site for as long as its here. being a new PC gamer this site has everything i could ever need and being someone who is going to school for computers (just learning, knew nothing beforehand) this site has already been a huge help.

thank you

It's just that little thing that some people always seem to miss: There is a huge difference between posting a personal opinion in a public forum and presenting a non-biased, supported argument directly to the appropriate person. One just makes some people laugh at you and annoys others while the other is being productive. One will lose any credible issues in the noise it generates, the other allows no noise.

All that said, none of this is new but nothing is likely to change until we find a way to ensure that someone has actually read and understood what they're asked to.

(Just to clarify, I'm talking about general posts of this nature, not specifically this one)

Now will it be so Different if it was... Lets say, Democracy? Do you really think such thing could exist in the Internet?

What stops most of the people in "free" countries from doing things are Morals, in the internet knowing they can get away with this and that without anyone knowing it was them is causes a lot of harm. So such punishments from my point of view are Necessary.

And there is no saying that even if there was Democracy things would be better, Democracy is simply the Bludgeoning of the People by the People for the People, it may work in a country but in places such as this, Never. People come here to share mods, and although some restrictions seem hard, they are necessary for the Community to live on.

I would also like to know how you choose the moderators? Your friends or people who have contributed a lot to the site and proved they are responsible people?

I'd say this provides a fairly good answer to your question: http://www.tesnexus.com/jobs/moderator.php

I would also like to know how you choose the moderators? Your friends or people who have contributed a lot to the site and proved they are responsible people?

I'd say this provides a fairly good answer to your question: http://www.tesnexus.com/jobs/moderator.php

I think it's a good way to choose moderators because if you want to become a moderator you might have some hidden motives with it that won't be revealed until later. Clearly, he has thought about this.

To those who seem to imply I want this site to be a democracy, I can only say I never asked for such a thing. If it was a democracy however, we would vote for candidates for the positions and then let them handle the rest. I hardly think we would vote in every single matter, because that would only make things complicated and as for who would be selected, well, it's with dread I see all those "popular" members getting a position because they have many friends in the community, so that wouldn't be fair anyway. To sum it up I agree that a democracy would never work on the internet. There are too many ambitious and power-hungry people out there, who would charm the crowd to get their wishes through(Sorry for my bad image of humanity). I only wanted to make sure Robin takes the wishes of the members into consideration. There is no need to make a big deal out of it or start an argument because I won't argue but if you want to argue between eachother I won't stop you. :)

Edited by DeepSoul