Aeradom

Favorite Settlement Crafting Addition Mods  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Which Mods Are You Using to Add to Your Settlement Crafting Experience?

• Alternate Settlements
    • Homemaker - Expanded Settlements
    • Settlement Supplies Expanded
    • Crafting Fury 9000 GTX
    • Functional Displays
    • Snap'n Build

Thanks to all that contributed to the other thread, as it really helped sort out what mod(s) to get to be rid of those pesky gaps in my walls (and a special thanks to Darth Wayne for chiming in and letting me know that you could actually use both without having to mess around with things). This time around it's a little different as I'm not trying to figure out which individual mod is the best, but more trying to figure out which one gets the most bang for the buck or at least to eliminate any overlap. In previous games I've played and modded, I generally try and stay away from several mods that ostensibly do the same thing. However, it would seem that at this time, there are several mods that add more stuff to craft for your settlement. For that reason, I'm thinking about using possibly multiple mods, as some of mod authors even recommend as such. But when I looked over the mods, I couldn't decided from the videos alone which one was the one I preferred. To top it off, all these mods seem to be pretty active, as only one having not been updated in the past couple weeks. I've heard that there can be issues with mods that add custom categories, so I'm cautious about using mods that do so. I could go on, but I think I'd like to hear about which mods you all use and in which combination, as well as any incompatibilities or mods that you use that do something similar that I might of not noticed.

Alternate Settlements by Stuyk: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/5118/?

Homemaker - Expanded Settlements by NovaCoru: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1478/?

Settlement Supplies Expanded by Troy Irving (Now Being Worked On By Etheron): http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1145/?

Crafting Fury 9000 GTX by Elianora: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10758/?

Functional Displays by SecretAgent99: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/5080/?

Snap'n Build by ad3d0: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7393/?

Edit: Just a heads up, I'm thinknig of taking Homemaker off the list as it would appear that the original creator is taking some time off (wish her the best of luck if she reads this). With that being, after looking around the posts, I noticed that one commentor said that SSEX is working right now with the new WW DLC and this was confirmed in the sticky by Ethreon. Apparently though, SK isn't working with SSEX at the moment, or at least that's what one poster said.

Edited by Aeradom

I think there really should be more community involvement to make standards. Like the keywords resource mod. That way people can make mods that are more intercompatible. Settlements items should work in such a standard as it is sure to have lots of mods to it once the GECK is out.

We need to work together on such huge mod overhauls or things that work on the same things at the same time.

I think there really should be more community involvement to make standards. Like the keywords resource mod. That way people can make mods that are more intercompatible. Settlements items should work in such a standard as it is sure to have lots of mods to it once the GECK is out.

We need to work together on such huge mod overhauls or things that work on the same things at the same time.

Agreed. Take the three Big Mods out of that list; Alternate Settlements, Homemaker, and SSEX. I've got to imagine that there's a lot of overlap (Troy from SSEX admits as much with Homemaker) and assuming these aren't original assets and just unlocking ones that a pre-existing, it would seem that these mods really should be rolled into one big one that just unlocks it all. Because, there's no way, without installing and going through and doing inventory, to find out which mods have what. Be a shame after all to have one thing that I really want in SSEX, but not to have it because Homemaker has more of what I want. I suppose I could use all three, but then, what's the load order?

Just letting you know, already edited the OP but just incase you didn't notice, after more research I know that Homemaker will be taking a leave of absence, and SSEX is up to date with the recently launched DLC but might not be working with SK.

Edited by Aeradom

My first choice was SSEx, but the mod seemed largely abandoned at the time so I instead went for Homemaker. Either of those two offers more than enough to not have to use them both. I installed Alternate Settlements some time ago and while it's far from a bad mod, the style just wasn't my thing. The textures just don't feel like they belong anywhere. I tried out every single floor or wall for a personal home in Sanctuary, but I ended up removing them all. Too clean and don't feel like Fallout. The snappable rugs and wallpapers on the other hand are a lot more interesting to me and I wish the creator would release those as a seperate mod.

Glad I bumped into this topic, didn't realise SSEx is being worked on again. Might consider switching out Homemaker for that. I'll have to look up if replacing Homemaker will make the objects I placed down disappear.

My first choice was SSEx, but the mod seemed largely abandoned at the time so I instead went for Homemaker. Either of those two offers more than enough to not have to use them both. I installed Alternate Settlements some time ago and while it's far from a bad mod, the style just wasn't my thing. The textures just don't feel like they belong anywhere. I tried out every single floor or wall for a personal home in Sanctuary, but I ended up removing them all. Too clean and don't feel like Fallout. The snappable rugs and wallpapers on the other hand are a lot more interesting to me and I wish the creator would release those as a seperate mod.

Glad I bumped into this topic, didn't realise SSEx is being worked on again. Might consider switching out Homemaker for that. I'll have to look up if replacing Homemaker will make the objects I placed down disappear.

While I'm can't speak specifically for that mod, I do know that with any mod, if it's installed, the assets will also be removed and sometimes more. For instance, if you have a container that has items in it, and you don't take them out before updating it, they will be erased. So yeah, if you've built a lot with Homemaker, and you aren't having any issues with it right now with WW (which, I'm curious if you've bought it) then I'd advise keeping with it, and trying out SSEX in your next play through.

While I'm can't speak specifically for that mod, I do know that with any mod, if it's installed, the assets will also be removed and sometimes more. For instance, if you have a container that has items in it, and you don't take them out before updating it, they will be erased. So yeah, if you've built a lot with Homemaker, and you aren't having any issues with it right now with WW (which, I'm curious if you've bought it) then I'd advise keeping with it, and trying out SSEX in your next play through.

Since it uses Settlement Keywords, it does conflict with WW at the moment. Not in the sense that it causes any crashes or so, but the added WW content doesn't show up because SK doesn't display their categories. I use this patch for the time being, which seems to work just fine: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11899/?

Did you know all the wall/floor textures he uses are from main game? They fit, you just have to make your whole settlement themed around what you chose. Obviously, they look better than just shabby sheets of metal with holes in them.

Did you know all the wall/floor textures he uses are from main game? They fit, you just have to make your whole settlement themed around what you chose. Obviously, they look better than just shabby sheets of metal with holes in them.

Hello Ethreon, I'm glad you could join the discussion. I'm curious, I know that SSEX is fine with WW, but I'm curious as far as the compatibility with the others mods mentioned above. I know with SK I would need a patch if i use SSEX, and I know from reading Functional Displays compatibility section that it is compatible with no patch needed. Have you heard of any issues, or know of any with Crafting Fury 9000 GTX or Snap'n Build?

Edit: Oh, and I just heard the CK is due out next week. I saw you were looking to update SSEX next week as well, will you be going ahead and doing the update, or wait for CK and do it then?

Edited by Aeradom

SnB on its own works without patches. No clue about the other mod, you'd have to ask Elianora.

SSEX doesn't have that many items for you to want the SK version of it, but if you want it, you'll also have to grab the community patches that are floating around between WW and SK. Also, there's no official patch between SK and SSEX, there's only the SSEX version of SSEX, which should be used instead of the main mod, not same time as the main mod. Any other SK-SSEX patches you have should be uninstalled.

SnB on its own works without patches. No clue about the other mod, you'd have to ask Elianora.

SSEX doesn't have that many items for you to want the SK version of it, but if you want it, you'll also have to grab the community patches that are floating around between WW and SK. Also, there's no official patch between SK and SSEX, there's only the SSEX version of SSEX, which should be used instead of the main mod, not same time as the main mod. Any other SK-SSEX patches you have should be uninstalled.

That makes sense actually, as the patch I found was from January and hasn't been updated. And I know from reading over the posts that the name of the ESM changed so, that patch probably wouldn't work anyways. Now, on the topic of SK since you bring it up, I'm slightly confused as to why SSEX says it's incompatible but on the SK page it says it's not. Now I'm assuming that the reason the SK page says that is because it's not been updated since February and if I'm correct you didn't release SK version until march, so that would make sense. I am curious though, when you're playing, do you use the SK version or the Vanilla version?