Mod Idea: Silver Shroud Tower Climb

jcdenton2012

This is an idea that I might actually try out once the GECK is released. You know how you explore the Commonwealth and as you kill the raiders they start to talk about it amongst themselves on their private terminals. Well... sooner or later, after you finish the Silver Shroud Questline, they all start to think that it's been the Shroud killing off all of the big raider leaders.

My idea is that after you kill off all of the big time raider leaders: Red Tourniquet, Jared, Slag, Tower Tom, etc; a group of fictional ones panic, and they decide to band together to try and kill you.

So, these surviving leaders take to holding up in a skyscraper under the protection of this hired gun. You show up, and clear out the skyscraper, "Punisher Style." Which is to say, you perform a Tower Climb, going floor by floor, fighting an army of eccentric themed raiders, mercenaries, and assassins... all while dressed as 'The Silver Shroud.'

The final boss would; of course, be at the very top. Considering where the game is set, and like concepts to the Silver Shroud, I think it's quiet clear who the final boss would be... :3

Is there an established villain group in Hubris Comics lore? The raider band should totally name themselves that.

And then maybe have a potential pseudo companion who wants to "shoot a live action holo adaptation of Boston's favorite crime fighter"

If he comes with, he's constantly nitpicking the way in which you kill some people and begging for a reshoot, seemingly not understanding that you're ending the lives of your "costars" and talking about how "we can just fix it in post".

I had a bunch of eccentric ideas for this mod.The first is using the teddy bear helmet to create a bunch of raiders called the "Ted-e Gang." For Easter Eggs, assassins encountered during the Tower Climb will include "Bat Man" as opposed to "Batman." (The Raid), and maybe Ninja Girl from Hotline Miami.

Also, if you go back and compare the design for The Silver Shroud to say... "The Spirit" you might notice some similarities, so having "The Octopus" be an enemy would be nice. This is pretty much going to be a mix of: The Raid, The Raid 2, Brick Castles, and Dredd.

OK. Here is my idea for the final boss. As some of you guys who are... "older" might already be aware. The character of "The Silver Shroud" isn't based upon "Batman" or "The Spirit" specifically. He's actually a composite of several different comic book characters. (The Shadow, Batman, Silhouette, The Grey Ghost), but mostly just "The Shadow." Therefore, I think that it's only proper for the final boss to be a composite of several different antagonists from those comic books. This having been said, I've already been through a rough outline of that information and come to something... well... let's just call it rather amusing. The final boss won't be Dr. Brainwash... but it will be something along those lines. Muhahhaha!!