It's a hard, hard work to install mods from Nexusmods.

cybercachondobo

Hello people,

I'm new here and i'm playing Skyrim for the very first time.

1. I was looking for a mod to make my male character to marry more than one spouse.

2. I was looking for a mod to enhance females bodies and clothes (i want them to look sensual and sexy).

After some "search time" on nexusmods, i was able to find both of my wishes to come true on Nexusmods...... (but just in fantasies provided by the pics on Nexusmods).

When i was trying to download them i crushed against a very complex wall.

The big problem is:

I want to download and install a desired mod, but then, that mod requires another 1 to 3 mods to be installed before....... that's OK, i was thinking, i will use that Nexus Mod Manager to simplify the process........ but then, those 1 to 3 prerequisite mods requires other mods installed before install the requisites for first mod and it goes on........ and after that, i will need to do the same for the second mod..........

That's a complete mess, it is very hard for a newcomer or any other users to install a desired mod.......... and i'm a c++ programmer........ people that do not know about software programming will get frustrated very easy with all that messy content.

It is just painful to try to install a mod from Nexusmods.

Thanks for helping us.

Edited by cybercachondobo

What? painful to install mod from nexus, you must be kidding considering it is literally a one click thing.

And mod requirements arent as dramatic as you put it, just don't expect to install cbbe armor without cbbe for example, that's life.

I have passed over mods on occasion because they required other mods that I didn't want taking up space in my load order - you can usually find something similar that is all inclusive & standalone. When you are beginning to mod expect to spend hours & hours & hours ... more likely weeks & weeks & weeks ... searching & searching & searching for what suits you :D

If you're just starting out I highly recommend using Mod Organiser from the beginning, it is worth taking the extra time to learn how to use it as you will probably end up testing & discarding many mods as you look for what you want, & MO will keep the mod files separate to your game ones so that they can be cleanly removed.

"i'm a c++ programmer" <- this may be the problem. :P

"2. I was looking for a mod to enhance females bodies and clothes (i want them to look sensual and sexy)." <- this one is huge depending on what way you take.

Also SKSE is you friend install that one for sure

OK people, many thanks to the those users who gave me useful answers.

Initials are difficult to understand too...... i thing, i just need get used to read the local terminology.

SKSE........... what?

And, after some google search.......

SKSE = Skyrim Script Extender.......

My problem was to read and understand all that initial........ one after another XDDDDD

We need a local dictionary for newcomers.

Thanks again, i will try to install "Beautiful Followers".......... and see what happens......

I'm one of those guys that came here first to learn how to download mods and how to mod. Pirates of Skyrim is what I want to play and this seems to be to much trouble. If anyone can direct me to a step by step or the best you tube video to install and play Pirates it would be greatly appreciated.

If you think mods are hard with NMM, think about how they were before a mod manager. You actually had to know a lot more about computers, things like the various compression formats, (7-zip vs RAR vs Winzip) file structure, (where files are actually located) where to actually install the mod after you unzipped it, (Yup, all mods come zipped and have to be unzipped to work) version control, (When the author uploads v1.0 then v1.2 and you wonder what happened to v 1.1 and do you need to delete and replace v1.0 or overwrite with v1.2?) and as there was no program like LOOT or BOSS to sort load order, you had to know enough about mods to be able to figure out on your own what order and how to place mods. Then your characters all have really strange looking googly eyes, floating heads with no body (or some other strange thing) and how do you fix it? :pinch: Now, NMM ( or some other mod manager) plus LOOT makes it as simple as a few mouse clicks - and you don't have to know anything to use most mods. Mod managers like NMM have moved mods from a geek niche market into mainstream gaming allowing anyone to use mods.

Please look at Gopher's excellent you tube video on how to use NMM and the one on LOOT as well. :thumbsup: