It's a hard, hard work to install mods from Nexusmods.

cybercachondobo

Dunno, i've always unzipped into data, takes 2 seconds to install. And most mods come nowadays in BSA form, so whenever u want to uninstall, it's just the delete button. Like the others said, start out by looking up Gopher on Yt, he's got excellent tutorials on how to mod.

• 2 weeks later...

OK people, Nexus Mod Manager is a very good tool to try and install mods for Skyrim.

I understand the fact about the complexity of modding and "using mods without Nexus Mod Manager".

I was talking about mods and requisites..... and requisites for those requisites before install the desired mod.

There is no problem with standalone mod packs.

In my case:

1. I was trying to install a Multi Marriage mod, the file was called Multi Marriage JAMCE-72939-1-2.zip

It was a real mess to try to install this one, it requires to install more mods before main install.

The big problem was, Skyui do not detects SKSE :huh:

And some file names are duplicated, so, the new user do not know which one to install.

It can be a problem with one mod and not with all mods, but it was very painful at first.

2. I have installed the mod Fabulous Followers the file is, FF - Breton Girls v1_5-24619-1-5.zip

Installing Fabulous Followers mod was a piece of cake. Very nice and easy.

But, a big problem remains......... Skyui mod do not detects SKSE on Nexusmod manager.

My files are:

nexus_mod_manager06112

skyrim_script_extender_1_07_03

SkyUI_5_1-3863-5-1

That's all.

Very good work for Nexusmod Manager and Fabulous Followers.

Edited by cybercachondobo

But, a big problem remains......... Skyui mod do not detects SKSE on Nexusmod manager.

Out of curiosity, are you launching the game with SKSE or are you just clicking the old "Launch Skyrim" button? On NMM, there is a drop down menu that allows you to launch SKSE. If you don't use that, then SKSE isn't running.

http://i66.tinypic.com/1zqd35g.jpg

I prefer adding mods manually, so I can learn how mod files work and their file locations, you know.

Using mod manager or subscribing to install mods makes life easier but you don't know what is going on or what kind of files are going to be added into your PC.

You can also look at your skyrim folder and find that SKSE exe to launch skyrim game.

Hmmmmm.......

After a few moments trying some things on Nexusmod Manager......... i can see..... Nexusmod Manager do not recognize SKSE 1.07.03

I will try another version.

are you sure you installed skse correctly? Check your skyrim folder and see if you can launch using "skse_loader.exe".

Hmmmmm.......

After a few moments trying some things on Nexusmod Manager......... i can see..... Nexusmod Manager do not recognize SKSE 1.07.03

I will try another version.

are you sure you installed skse correctly? Check your skyrim folder and see if you can launch using "skse_loader.exe".

Did you download the latest version from :

http://skse.silverlock.org

Did you follow instructions?

You should have an SKSE folder in your Skyrim/Data folder