Patch 1.4 Not Working?

Eleyvie

I've reinstalled Witcher 1 after some time, and tried to patch it (I still have patches 1.4 and 1.5 stored on my backup drive). Patch 1.4 reported that it wants me to register the game.

Oh sure, I thought, and tried to register the game, using my old login and password for The Witcher. No success.

Surprised, I went to the Witcher site. Wow, everything changed and apparently the guys also removed all support for Witcher 1 game. "Great move, guys!", I thought, and started searching for solutions. After 30 minutes or so of active googling I have finally learned that there's a new version of official 1.4 patch which does not require registration. I wonder why I only found this information on some remote forum, perhaps writing that on the official site would be too difficult for the team?

Anyway, I downloaded the new 1.4 patch and it's corresponding language pack from the official site. And tried to run it. It failed with "critical failure" error in some "NotCensored" module.

So the question is: what am I supposed to do in order to play the game which I paid for?

I've reinstalled Witcher 1 after some time, and tried to patch it (I still have patches 1.4 and 1.5 stored on my backup drive). Patch 1.4 reported that it wants me to register the game.

Oh sure, I thought, and tried to register the game, using my old login and password for The Witcher. No success.

Surprised, I went to the Witcher site. Wow, everything changed and apparently the guys also removed all support for Witcher 1 game. "Great move, guys!", I thought, and started searching for solutions. After 30 minutes or so of active googling I have finally learned that there's a new version of official 1.4 patch which does not require registration. I wonder why I only found this information on some remote forum, perhaps writing that on the official site would be too difficult for the team?

Anyway, I downloaded the new 1.4 patch and it's corresponding language pack from the official site. And tried to run it. It failed with "critical failure" error in some "NotCensored" module.

So the question is: what am I supposed to do in order to play the game which I paid for?

The language packs should be the same the only difference would be the TWEE_Upgrade (1.4) patch . Have you tried using a MD5 verifier to make sure you got a full patch .

TWEE_Upgrade.exe_new version 393b4783f2d6b906a6eaea3d927b4a92

http://www.nero.com/eng/tools-utilities.html#tab3

also make sure you are running the 1.4 patch as administrator .

Edited by tommy5761

MD5 is correct.

I'm running Windows XP, where my account is administrator, so that shouldn't be a problem as well (at least it wasn't when I was patching Witcher the last time).

MD5 is correct.

I'm running Windows XP, where my account is administrator, so that shouldn't be a problem as well (at least it wasn't when I was patching Witcher the last time).

There used to be another way and i`m trying to remember how it went...download Universal Extractor and extract the contents of the 1.4 patch to a folder of your choosing and place the language pack in this folder as well and then run the setup exe .

Might also try in safe mode .

Voila! This worked.

Unpacked the patch file, copied the language pack into the same folder, ran the "setup.exe" executable and everything went smoothly.

Thanks for the advice!

Edited by Eleyvie

• 1 year later...
I have tried everything you guys mentioned in here..the md5 verifier..and its the same version. i tried the universal extractor and done as mentioned in that post.. but it does not work.. when I run setup one way or the other i get the same message after i accepted and push next..( select English as english since i live in Denmark in europe)...where it is supposed to start patching it says" The language pack corresponding to the language version of the game already on you system is not found. Download the relevant language pack" WHAT IS WRONG???? PLS HELP..cause i get no answer from the tech support of this game....

• 10 months later...

The language packs should be the same the only difference would be the TWEE_Upgrade (1.4) patch . Have you tried using a MD5 verifier to make sure you got a full patch .

TWEE_Upgrade.exe_new version 393b4783f2d6b906a6eaea3d927b4a92

http://www.nero.com/eng/tools-utilities.html#tab3

also make sure you are running the 1.4 patch as administrator .

do you have a link to the 1.4 patch with that md5???

The one from the official site is 67e945d458f2ef9a6ff6067dd1499c36