Bushido: Warriors of the Commonwealth

Yogensya

http://i.imgur.com/pGTZJWv.jpg
"Bushidō, literally meaning "the way of the warrior", is a Japanese word for the way of the samurai life,
loosely analogous to the concept of chivalry in Europe." –Wikipedia
----

Bushido: Warriors of the Commonwealth is a Fallout 4 mod that will add customizable Katanas/Ninjatos and lots of other cool stuff to game.

To anyone wondering "Why Katanas?", the answer is "Why not?"... Seriously if you're not into oriental swords (which is fine) then this mod is probably not what you're looking for. But rest assured there will be a little bit of background to give context to the mod.

Katanas are going to be craftable and customizable, with many different blades, hilts, handguards, etc... In the initial release of the mod, there will be more than 200.000 unique Katanas posible through customization. Some of the parts are original designs, while others are inspired by real life Katanas, Movies, TV Shows, Anime, etc.

There are plans to add special crafting components too, like wet stone and blade oils, as well as items for settlements like stands to display the Katanas, in case you're a collector. Other items like scabbards and even armor pieces are also planned for future updates.

The mod is being worked on by MadMAX713 & Yogensia, and will include collaborations from some other fellow modders.

Make sure to follow to keep informed!

Media:

http://i.imgur.com/J34aIbI.jpg

I've been working on a few more models for the mod...

Shurikens: On the initial release there will be 5 Shuriken types, each with different attributes. Shuriken will be equipped in the grenade slot. I'll most likely will make more variations with different models for an update at a later time.

http://i.imgur.com/9gBP7Sr.jpg

Whetstone: I've also started working on some of the props like special crafting materials. The whetstone for example will be one of the components used to craft blade modifications. As such it doesn't really require a detailed model, but it doesn't hurt to have something for it, plus It could be used in the future as set dressing/settlement prop.

http://i.imgur.com/r8065KB.jpg

Looks amazing so far! Will there be new animations for the swords?

Hey, thanks!

Animations are not planned at this time, since I'm not an animator, just a modeler. They are not completely ruled out as a future addition if I find a way to make them or I find help to get them done, but it's on low priority for now.

Since you are doing this (and it looks pretty awesome, btw!), I thought I'd share what came to mind almost as soon as I saw the title (and it's kinda dark, but I suppose it ought to be):

Japanese Internment Camps.

I'm not sure if it is a part of the Fallout lore or not, but it seems logical from the thematic basis that these very well could have been a thing in Pre-War Fallout America.

So, if you want a good, immersive way to fit these things into the game, might I also suggest a new Location Mod to complement this one? It could include a few small side-quests and a potential settlement area with a bunch of NPCs of Asian lineage, and Asian ghoul NPCs. It could also be a fun tie-in with the Yangtze sub (maybe this could be the "transport" to an island where an internment camp was).

Any way, I just thought I'd share. No harm, either way. Good luck with the mod! :)

Chinese internment camps existed in the lore (see the Yao Guai's loading screen entry), so it's not too much of a stretch. I think that aspect of the lore is always glossed over, I think it'd be a nice change to have them be touched upon, but it has to be done in a sensitive way because it's a sensitive subject.

Chinese internment camps existed in the lore (see the Yao Guai's loading screen entry), so it's not too much of a stretch. I think that aspect of the lore is always glossed over, I think it'd be a nice change to have them be touched upon, but it has to be done in a sensitive way because it's a sensitive subject.

Words cannot adequately express my complete and utter agreement with what you've just said.

But as you've said, too; it has always been glossed over, probably for that very reason. And that fact is something I cannot actually agree with. Just because it is something sensitive, and rightfully so, does not mean it should be ignored. Quite the opposite. I think recognizing it for the ugly thing that it was is key to making sure it never happens again, even if that recognition is just in a video game.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that ignoring it completely is just as much a disservice to the suffering of the people who endured it as it would be to handle it indelicately - if not moreso.

I know the Chinese Internment Camps never happened. But the Japanese ones did. And that deserves to be respected - both with acknowledgement and with decency.

So, yeah. I really cannot agree more.