Bushido: Warriors of the Commonwealth

Yogensya

| They all really look great Yogensya (and MAX). The amount of detail on each of the items is amazing. I can't wait to see them, and your future content, in action.

In regards to the internment camps, while not suggested by the OP, I'd absolutely love to see this as a gateway to the mod. Be it placed in a new location or just referenced in a note. The resident who owned the equipment could've be been flagged as a "potential threat" due to their Japanese/Asian heritage. That "threat" only exasperated when soldiers/police find the collection of antique weapons/armor. |

Edited by NocteVagus

I agree it would be an interesting idea to add, and that it would have to be handled with the care it deserves. For now we have to focus on the swords and other main assets of the mod though, but things like this could be added in updates. We already have a lot of stuff planed for updates that might be overwhelming to release in the first version due to time constraints.

Thanks for the interest! Looking forward to publish more stuff soon. :)

Thanks for the suggestion gantz382, I like how they look and how they would fit aesthetically in Fallout4.

Since the swords in the mod are going to be modular, I'm not exactly incorporating any specific swords, rather pieces of them, but I'd definitely like to include handles and other pieces that fit the type of sword you mentioned. :)

I'm working on a quest mod where the player would go on a mission to post-apocalyptic Japan, it would be awesome if I could use some of these amazing models... I would really love a samurai suit too

Damn, this looks good. I am very excited to see this mod when it is released.

the melee weapon in fallout is clearly missing lightweight blade weapon, but to achieve such thing proper Iaido or Iaijutsu animation needs to be done since there is scabbard and sheath involved, otherwise will looks weird by default weapon animation with just slashing and hacking.....

but weapon customization alone seems to be a perfect addition to current fallout armament.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm working on a quest mod where the player would go on a mission to post-apocalyptic Japan, it would be awesome if I could use some of these amazing models... I would really love a samurai suit too

That sounds good, I guess once Bushido is out you could make an optional addon for your mod that requires Bushido and uses assets from it! :P

Damn, this looks good. I am very excited to see this mod when it is released.

Thanks!

the melee weapon in fallout is clearly missing lightweight blade weapon, but to achieve such thing proper Iaido or Iaijutsu animation needs to be done since there is scabbard and sheath involved, otherwise will looks weird by default weapon animation with just slashing and hacking.....

but weapon customization alone seems to be a perfect addition to current fallout armament.

Yeah custom animations would be really good, but for now there are no plans for them, since I don't know any animators that mod Fallout4 and we want to focus on what we already have in mind, which is a lot of stuff. :P Might be worth revisiting the idea at some point after release, though.

Chinese internment camps existed in the lore (see the Yao Guai's loading screen entry), so it's not too much of a stretch. I think that aspect of the lore is always glossed over, I think it'd be a nice change to have them be touched upon, but it has to be done in a sensitive way because it's a sensitive subject.

Words cannot adequately express my complete and utter agreement with what you've just said.

But as you've said, too; it has always been glossed over, probably for that very reason. And that fact is something I cannot actually agree with. Just because it is something sensitive, and rightfully so, does not mean it should be ignored. Quite the opposite. I think recognizing it for the ugly thing that it was is key to making sure it never happens again, even if that recognition is just in a video game.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that ignoring it completely is just as much a disservice to the suffering of the people who endured it as it would be to handle it indelicately - if not moreso.

I know the Chinese Internment Camps never happened. But the Japanese ones did. And that deserves to be respected - both with acknowledgement and with decency.

So, yeah. I really cannot agree more.

It's not as glossed over as you'd think. Hit up the fallout wiki or any other source and look up Song Wu and the rest of the Wu extended family. It is an extremely obscure set of "side information" but is absolutely tragic in it;s inferences *and* has been fleshed out with an unusual number of in-game details. If you want to check via gameplay alone, I suggest you start at Lake Cochituate and start searching structures.

• 3 weeks later...