• Please log in to reply
626 replies to this topic

Pelinor

Pelinor

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
You need to install MCM after Project Nevada. It's very important with the latest beta because there's some necessary information in the new xml files that the PN version doesn't have.

Lindy

Lindy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
For some reason this makes all console messages from mods show up on screen even when the console is closed. You have to open the console then close it again to remove the messages, but they continue to show up again if more happen. Is this a known issue or is there some way to resolve this? Thanks

Pelinor

Pelinor

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
Oops, I forgot to remove the con_TDT command before uploading Beta 11. I've added a reminder message to my current build so I won't forget to remove it next time.

To stop it, you can open the MCMScript (load GECK with NVSE_Loader.exe -editor) and remove the line with con_TDT, which should be line 72.

If you don't want to mess about in the script, you can open the console after going the pause menu and type TDT. This would need to be done once per game session, however.

Lindy

Lindy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Oops, I forgot to remove the con_TDT command before uploading Beta 11. I've added a reminder message to my current build so I won't forget to remove it next time.

To stop it, you can open the MCMScript (load GECK with NVSE_Loader.exe -editor) and remove the line with con_TDT, which should be line 72.

If you don't want to mess about in the script, you can open the console after going the pause menu and type TDT. This would need to be done once per game session, however.

Thank you for the quick reply and solution, much appreciated.

Edited by Lindy, 03 August 2011 - 06:24 PM.

BonsaiWeed

BonsaiWeed

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Hello,

I have a slight problem, which would seem to be connected to this utility. When I start the game, I see the Havoc splash, Beth splash and Obsidian splash, but when it should load the main menu, I get a random splash (like the game was loading a save) and immediately the screen goes black.

In the bottom center of the screen, there is a red health bar with just one bar or health. Then it shows me the official DLC notifications and level cap increases and refuses to do anything else. Although the menuloop still plays, I can do nothing but use console qqq. If I comment out the edit in start_menu.xml, the game loads normally, but obviously the utility does not function in that case. I used Unified HUD to modify the xml file.

- J

Pelinor

Pelinor

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
That's what happens if there's a syntax error somewhere in the XML files.

Since it works fine for most others, your download may have been corrupted somehow. I'm inclined to suggest that you download MCM again and overwrite the existing files. (You might also want to clear your browser cache beforehand, in case it tries to re-use a cached corrupt file.)

BonsaiWeed

BonsaiWeed

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
As per your suggestion, I cleared my browser cache before re-downloading the latest version. I still get the same behaviour though. Guess I will have to try a re-install.

[Edit]
Re-installing the game seems to have fixed whatever was causing the black screen. Go figure...

Edited by BonsaiWeed, 06 August 2011 - 11:27 AM.

Arkangels

Arkangels

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Edited by Arkangels, 07 August 2011 - 04:48 PM.

Arkangels

Arkangels

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
hello
small error its been bought up before but the awnsers i dont think workd help would be great on this one pls :)

i am having a hugely frustrating issue i am following gophers vids on installing all the HUD mods but wen i install this one and go into the game and open the start menu and it has an error box saying the mod configuration menu is not completely installed! an edit to the data/menus/options/start_menu.xml file is required what does this mean :(

EDIT: ive sussed it i installed gophers unified hud project mod this immedietly fixed it

Edited by Arkangels, 07 August 2011 - 06:49 PM.

ExecutionStyle

ExecutionStyle

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
The is no button to click above "Continue." I've made this into a FOMOD and an ESP plus moved the menus and textures in the Data folder. Is this wrong? I've also added the text in the menu file.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.038 seconds