• Please log in to reply
626 replies to this topic

Pelinor

Pelinor

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
That sounds fine, I suppose. I'm not sure why you'd make it into a FOMOD if you're copying the files as well, though. If you do exactly what Gopher does in his great Modding Fallout NV Tutorial, you should have no problems. I'll also be giving MCM 1.2 a FOMM installer soon, so there should be less trouble with installation.

It's also possible that your pause menu is altered in a way that MCM doesn't know it's in the pause menu. Do you have any other UI mods or have you altered it yourself?

ExecutionStyle

ExecutionStyle

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
The only UI mods I have are the ones in Gopher's Video, nothing else, but I have watched it several times and done exactly as he has and everything looks perfect except when I pause no Menu Configuration.

Edit:
Ok after several reinstalls of all the mods I finally got it to work, and it works very well, great mod.

Edited by ExecutionStyle, 10 August 2011 - 03:45 AM.

Pelinor

Pelinor

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
Edit: Nevermind, wrote this before seeing your edit.

Edited by Pelinor, 10 August 2011 - 03:52 AM.

cyborgdragon

cyborgdragon

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
This mod is absolutely wonderful, but I have an issue. I'm using a 1280x1024 screen, and the left and right of the menu is getting cut off, I can't always read the names of things and have missed a few settings in a few menus. I believe this could be related to why the console would appear to the far left off the screen, until I fixed that by repositioning it in the INI settings of Fallout: New Vegas. Along with this smaller resolution I use, some of the options get scrunched on top of each other, but I was expecting that as more people have widescreens now.

EDIT: Here's an image depicting the issue I have

Edited by cyborgdragon, 10 August 2011 - 08:50 PM.

Pelinor

Pelinor

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
That aspect ratio looks like it's going to be a problem with default fonts; I don't think there's anything I can do about it.

Using DarNified UI would help with its smaller font sizes. It would also help to play in windowed mode with a different aspect ratio.

cyborgdragon

cyborgdragon

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
Ah, that seems to be the trick. I use the Revelation UI mod, but even with DarN fonts the menu was too big, so I played around and found out your menu uses font 3, and replaced it in the INI settings with one of the smaller DarN fonts, now everything works great. This is an awesome mod, many kudos to you for making it. Now we need more mods to start using it. I would say this is on par, if not better than, CRAFT for Fallout 3. It's essential for both mod users and makers, and is well done.

Why must Bethesda use font sizes for consoles and/or the blind on their PC versions? I hope they make the font size easier to configure in their newer games.

Edited by cyborgdragon, 10 August 2011 - 10:00 PM.

KitiFolien

KitiFolien

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
Hi Pelinor.

First of all, thanks for this great mod!

I would like to translate this mod (with your permission of course) but i have a problem. I try to translate any compatible mod but nothing changes when i launch the game. I think the mod configuration blocks any change made in supported mods. So i supposed the options should be translated in your mod but nothing seems able to translate (cant see any of the menu options inside the mod). Maybe im wrong.... help is appreciated.

Pelinor

Pelinor

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
You'll have to translate the individual menu scripts that mod authors have written for their mods. Permission for that will have to come from the owner of the menu script. The actual translation will need to occur on the lines starting with SetUIString or SetUIStringEx.

Sharing MCM itself, translated or not, is not going to be allowed, however. I'm not against the translation, only the inevitable complication that would ensue with multiple versions. I've actually been thinking of writing the necessary code to have a multilingual MCM, so don't be entirely discouraged.

If anyone wants to PM me a list of words and the correct translation in whatever language, I'll appreciate the help and give due credit when it's used.

Cheeseman2

Cheeseman2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Hello there, I seem to be having a problem with MCM.

When I pause the game, I can click on the menu and it brings up the MCM window.

This is where the trouble starts. I am unable to change any options in any of the mods.

The only UI mod I'm using right now is Primary needs, and I am unable to access most of the options (the one exception is a drop down menu for vertical and horizontal.)

Also the unified HUD project doesn't detect I have it installed when I go to merge.

I was just wondering what might be going on here and if there's a fix

Pelinor

Pelinor

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
With only partial functionality, I'm not sure what could be the problem. Try uninstalling and reinstalling MCM.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.926 seconds