I've got two words for all of you...
Bee flamers. Just imagine, shooting a swarm of bees at enemy raiders from your flamer while they run around covered in your tiny friends getting slowly stung to death MUHAHAHAHAHA. Maybe a cool new look to the flamer to express its new capabilities, and bee-keeper outfit!! that would surely generate a buzz for some wacky RP builds. I'm not speaking from any kind of experience but it seems as though this would be a fairly simple and fun to mod to make. I hope somebody as devilishly minded as me would consider giving it a go.

- Joe

I'm not speaking from any kind of experience but it seems as though this would be a fairly simple and fun to mod to make.

Translation: I don't have a clue. This mod would take forever and ever to make and would be a complete nightmare. ;)

I'm not very experienced either, but from what I know, the cryolator might be a better weapon to base the weapon off of because of the hard projectile upgrade. Get a bee nif and change the nif of the cryo needles to the bee nif. Then you're raining cryo bees on enemies. If you still want fire, you could probably change the effect of the weapon to fire and it's easy enough to change ammo types if you want ammo that isn't as rare.