[HELP] Workshop DLC issues (Assigning settlers to Death Arena/Teams) [Lets Mod/fix this!]

JSICKs

Hey all, so im running 1.5 (latest beta update) with all DLC's and ive noticed when attempting to assign settlers to a team (say blue team or red) they take FOREVER to accept the assignment and then take forever to go to their assigned location... i mean come on they should be excited to fight to the death for my amusement right!? (but their not)... Thus, i was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction on where i would go about creating a simple mod that would hurry up this process... ive noticed there already is a "No Lollygagging" mod that will make settlers run after you ring the bell... I wold defiantly appreciate a faster speed as it currently takes wayyyy toooo long to set up a single death match... :/

No Lollygagging Mod (for example)

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10461/?

so basically, to sum things up... id like to speed up the time it takes for settlers to accept their assignments (especially the Team platforms from the DLC) and i would like the settlers to run to their assignments instead of walk...

Thanks in advance

JSick

PS: can you spot the deathclaw in the photo :tongue:

32871740-1460877076.png

Edited by JSICKs

Why not try assigning them, then sit in a chair and wait for 1 hr? Won't they teleport then?

Hoping someone can help with my DLC issues. I tried my arena today and I'm pretty perplexed.

1) I waited for days and the last few cages would not fill up. Is there a limit? I was trying to fill 10 medium cages and one large. The large and 2 medium just wouldn't fill no matter how long I slept.

2) Anyone had trouble with teleporting enemies? Or settlers? One of the ghouls teleported outside the arena. I guess, that is where I found his body. Also, Lucy teleported directly into the arena and so did my doctor and Curie. Right into a 3 way fight bewteen gunners raiders and ghouls, 2 charred. The doctor then fell through the trap door...can settlers open switched power doors? They were closed when I got to the other side, but that is the only other possibility besides teleporting.

3)My settlers started shooting at the 'contestants'. What?! The relax siren was on and they were all chillin in the stadium seats and at the bar. The instant I opened the cages, all hell broke loose. The enemies were still in a sealed room, made with the new concrete walls. Both the enemies and the settlers shot right through the walls. All enemies were killed by the settlers I'm pretty sure except maybe one raider who was killed by a ghoul. Most of them died in the sealed room without even making it into the arena proper, with the settlers shooting them through solid concrete.

Is this how it is supposed to work? Because that is stupid. How can matches work right if my 25 armed to the teeth settlers are also shooting them?

Any way to fix this in FO4EDIT? No idea how to make the settlers non-hostile to these guys. Also pretty bummed bc I spent days building this and I was hoping for the settlers to cheer and stuff. Thanks for any advice.

1. Deathclaw is on the right peaking out from under your walkway.

2. I have had no luck at all with setting up Arenas. They all just stand there and look at each other. It either needs some major patch work or I just won't use it.

3. This is also another reason I haven't played the beta yet, because if I can't use the console to move those players to the arena contestant stand then there's just no way I'm going to wait around for them to walk there on their own. I also use moveto player all the time when my stupid companion won't follow me. Basically the AI in this game is way too stupid for me to not be able to use the console...but, I'm getting off on another topic so..

3. This is also another reason I haven't played the beta yet, because if I can't use the console to move those players to the arena contestant stand then there's just no way I'm going to wait around for them to walk there on their own. I also use moveto player all the time when my stupid companion won't follow me. Basically the AI in this game is way too stupid for me to not be able to use the console...but, I'm getting off on another topic so..

Boy, I agree wholeheartedly. I'm not playing the survival mode until I have console commands and save function. This week so far, I've had a bug where my food and drink stands disappeared (vanilla bug, fast travel only way to fix it), had to rebuilt 3 hours worth of work, and now have to rebuilt some more because I have acquired a bug where I cannot command Curie at all anymore. Also, my game has frozen during dialogue several times despite my fast computer.

And what about those mods that add things to the game, but you have to use console commands to get the items? I'll just wait.

I'm really mad about this DLC. I think I will give it a try once more, this time disarming my settlers first. If they still teleport around and attack unarmed....at what point is this just false advertising? Good grief.

Ok, I tried it. Disarmed all settlers and also disconnected the power doors from power. So settlers couldn't be using the switches to open them.

I saw enemies teleport OUTSIDE the arena again, and watched my unarmed settlers teleport down into the arena next to fallen gunners and pick up their weapons. So it's totally broken. Due to the way NPCs teleport around because of the bad AI pathfinding, it just will never work. :sad:

I thought maybe I could attach something to the quittin' time siren that causes the settlers to be non-hostile in FO4Edit, then just give the enemies melee weapons. But that will not make this work either because the gunners will just teleport to my settlers in order to make the attack. It seems like Bethesda couldn't do it either and that is why the device that makes animals peaceful doesn't work on gunners, raiders or mutants. I'm guessing it has something to do with the faction assignment.

I don't think even mods can fix this, and if so, it is way beyond anything I could figure out on my own. What a disappointment! It took me two days of trying to get it to work with my mods, and several days of building just to find out it's totally broken. :verymad:

Yeah, they really botched the rollout for this game, at least for me. I stopped playing a couple weeks before the first dlc, figuring I'd start a new game with it. Then survival beta rolled out. Figured I'd check it out, and saw a nightmare of bugs and console being disabled.

So now, I am waiting for them to push survival into release, then I can alter things to taste.

2. I have had no luck at all with setting up Arenas.

no clue about setting one up either, so I just hammered the achievement instead

build both starting points - assigned a settler to each

switched the event siren on and off

checked steam - had the achievement

The teleporting (*contestants and previously caged animals etc... from inside to outside of the arena's) is ridiculous... there is absolutely no way to keep a death claw in an arena... they just do what they want and when they hit a wall they teleport... ugh...

i have well over 30+ cages in my settlement (all are housing raiders, super mutties, and gunners) and i damn sure have not noticed any increase in settlement raids/attacks... really sad... i actually built a prison on the other side of the arena hoping to make this specific settlement the "go to place" for when i finish every quest and have nothing else to live for (my character that is - lol)

*each level has at least 10 cages - lol

32871740-1461193199.png

Yours looks even bigger than mine! Someone watching me build it and b&@*$ was like, why can't you ever do something simple? Because I can't!

So the good news is the teleporting is NOT caused by the AI pathfinding as I thought. It isn't the same as when NPCs teleport bc Brahmin are blocking doors etc. No, it is the powered door. I assume when it is open the collision is supposed to be such that when they try to walk through they can, but when the door closes the collision should update so they can't. But it must be stuck on the open collision. I watched 3 ghouls casually stroll right through the closed power door as though the door wasn't there.

So that's good news since someone can probably fix it. As of now the only way to do it is to build your arena with no doors. I tried today and the teleporting didn't occur once there were no power doors.

The other GREAT news is that a modder is working on a fix for the settlers shooting! He's gonna make a version of the beta wave machine that makes the settlers calm down and stop shooting. So yay! :)

The moral of the wasteland workshop DLC is never ever buy a Bethesda game unless it's on pc...