How to activate mods for 1.5 Survival/Steam beta.

Fatalmasterpiece

I'm not seeking fame, I'm just trying to help people with their mods and by placing this in the troubleshooting section people looking for help will be able to find it. That is why this is in the Troubleshooting section and not an uploaded "mod" with endorsements. This isn't a contest, I haven't included a link to ngneko's page because they include two other methods which cause bugs and glitches in the game. I believe it is not a good idea to list those methods at all.

Yes, this isn't a contest. It's a matter of respect. Just look at bfr2014's page, there is "Credits" section at the bottom:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12047/?

Edited by st2050

I'm not seeking fame, I'm just trying to help people with their mods and by placing this in the troubleshooting section people looking for help will be able to find it. That is why this is in the Troubleshooting section and not an uploaded "mod" with endorsements. This isn't a contest, I haven't included a link to ngneko's page because they include two other methods which cause bugs and glitches in the game. I believe it is not a good idea to list those methods at all.

Yes, this isn't a contest. It's a matter of respect. Just look at bfr2014's page, there is "Credits" section at the bottom:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12047/?

And ngneko didn't know about this work around until Tuskin38 posted about it on the forums. Besides, you've already admitted you don't have a Steam account which means you've pirated your copy of FO4, hows that for respect?

This post should really be stickied as a lot of people are going to be coming with this question.

Why this post? It is not original. Source of the information has not been published as well.

By publishing copy-paste the author does not deserve fame.

I can also confirm, though It might of been implied and just wanted to make sure people knew this was clear, that you can use F4SE loader and the mods will still load just fine. You just have to create a short cut to your desktop, or launch it straight from teh Data folder.

Besides, you've already admitted you don't have a Steam account which means you've pirated your copy of FO4, hows that for respect?

It is not a question of respect, it is a question of law collision in my country.

Edited by st2050

Updated the OP since the new update moves the location of plugins.txt to the Fallout 4 game folder. Have not had a chance to test yet.

That is apparently a bug brought in with the latest update this morning, according to Bethesda. Apparently, plugins.txt was not supposed to be moved; a hotfix is in the cards for later today. (https://community.bethesda.net/thread/10012)

EDIT: Update 1.5.157, the hotfix, corrects the plugins.txt file placement.

Edited by Burnspot

Updated the OP since the new update moves the location of plugins.txt to the Fallout 4 game folder. Have not had a chance to test yet.

That is apparently a bug brought in with the latest update this morning, according to Bethesda. Apparently, plugins.txt was not supposed to be moved; a hotfix is in the cards for later today. (https://community.bethesda.net/thread/10012)

EDIT: Update 1.5.157, the hotfix, corrects the plugins.txt file placement.

Thanks for the update :)