Follower you have to Protect

gamerx220

I would like to see a mod where there is a follower I have to practically take care of in dangerous situations. Kinda like you are a Carim Knights from Dark Souls, and the follower is the maiden, if you know what I mean by that. I want a follower I am supposed to protect. Doesn't necessarily need any fancy features, but I just want one. I would prefer it to be female, as I want one for role-playing as a protector of sorts. Anyone have any idea if this is even possible? If not, then just politely say so. I have no idea how to mod, so I was wondering if someone could help.

Yes it's very possible. It's not even all that hard to do - assuming you don't want it custom voiced, etc. There may actually already be one out there somewhere. If you can't find one, PM me with further details and I'll see about tossing one together for you maybe this weekend.

I quite like the idea. There is some of this in vanilla--radiant rescue quests--but it's not a mechanic they use a lot or very in depth.

I've been hoping for a 'guard the caravan as it moves from one location to another', or, closer to what you're talking about, a mod that dovetails with Frostfall / CF that requires you rescue, warm (with fires / clothing) and transport an npc back to their home.