Skyrim Mods - can someone tell me how to maintain a decent FPS rate with my laptop?

Pardalslb

My computer is an ACER laptop Aspire v with intel core i7-4510U 2.0ghz turbo boost up to 3.1

My graphics card is nvidia geforce 840M 2GB VRAM

8GB ram dd3.

At the moment i have the game runing at an average of 25/30 fps and without the mods o get an average 30/35.

Can someone help me in order to increase the frame rate or is this ok?

Im currently using the following mods :

http://www.modwat.ch/u/lisboa1143

THx in advance for the help!

Edited by Pardalslb

Hi

You need to get rid of some mods that add polygons & textures.

HighResTexturePack. This really dos'nt add much to the game for a lot of overhead & it is over written by some of your other mods . Go vanilla & add only the textures that bug you. In my game it was rocks, trees & bridges.

Tamriel Reloaded. This is a nice mod but it adds polygons so it my not be good for you.

SMIM-DungeonsCliffsIceSkirts. Anything SMIM adds polygons. See if you can live without it.

Trees In Cities. Again polygons. Not the thing you want an a laptop.

JKs LITE. More polgons

DawnofSkyrim. Even more polygons.

ImmersiveArmorsNPCs. More polygons & textures on spawned NPCs. A big no no on a weak system. Leave this stuff for your character & follower only.

Skyrim Flora Overhaul. not for the weak. If you want the look without the overhead use "Vivid Weathers - a complete Weather and Visual overhaul for Skyrim".

Removing these will not harm your save & you my not need to remove all of them.

My game is about NPCs & scripts. I can't use any of these mods & I use a desktop i7 with a 980 ti & play at 60fps with ENB at 1440 resolution. Maybe if I get a modern more powerful i7 I will be able to. I can Play my game at 30fps at 4k but scripts back up & I get lots more CTDs so 1440 it will be until I get more powerful hardware.

We all have limitations.

Later

What Jonesy said ^^.

Also keep in mind that your 840 GPU isn't the most muscled card around. For a great gaming experience, anything from an 860 and up would be pulse-raising. Anything below said 860 (850, 840, 830, etc) will get you in trouble when trying to push load-heavy/high res mods (including high polygon ones) through the GPU...