Wanted: NMM Testers and Focus Group

TheTokenGeek

In response to post #36995585. #37002955 is also a reply to the same post.

cykablyatcheekki wrote: Personally I'd like to see NMM not break FO4 for once
rblood01 wrote: Currently it is really the only choice that I know for modding Fallout 4 if you don't want to do it manually. MO is still very buggy last time I tried.

Well, it's probably more the case that the Creation Kit hasn't been released yet, so all the mods so far are bodges.

The creation kit is not a mod manager, and the mod manager is not a creation kit. They are two completely different kinds of things. Many of the existing mods are very well done, and not every mod requires what the creation kit brings to creating mods. However, there are some things that cannot be done with mods unless you have a creation kit.

NMM gets blamed very often for something done by Bethesda. And I'm sure Beth gets blamed for some of the things NMM does as well. It probably evens out. :tongue:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello dear Nexus Team

I am a long-term user and I have seen many NMM versions. My issue with the current built is, that uninstalling a mod is causing very long waiting times (i think since the upgrade to the virtual install feature). Disabling Mods is fast but uninstalling is very annoying. Especially annoying because the NMM is not really responsive in this cases, or even might "freeze" until the process is finished. Ofc I use a huge amount of textures and other big files.

Also many FOMOD installer scripts currently crash NMM when pressing the install button and then for instance minimize NMM or switching to a browser window as an example. Since it happens with pretty much every FOMOD installer script for any (big) files, I think it could be resolved by NMM.

Other than that, NMM is quite awesome!

In response to post #37021040.

bben46 wrote:

In response to post #36995585. #37002955 is also a reply to the same post.

cykablyatcheekki wrote: Personally I'd like to see NMM not break FO4 for once
rblood01 wrote: Currently it is really the only choice that I know for modding Fallout 4 if you don't want to do it manually. MO is still very buggy last time I tried.

Well, it's probably more the case that the Creation Kit hasn't been released yet, so all the mods so far are bodges.

The creation kit is not a mod manager, and the mod manager is not a creation kit. They are two completely different kinds of things. Many of the existing mods are very well done, and not every mod requires what the creation kit brings to creating mods. However, there are some things that cannot be done with mods unless you have a creation kit.

NMM gets blamed very often for something done by Bethesda. And I'm sure Beth gets blamed for some of the things NMM does as well. It probably evens out. :tongue:

cykablyatcheekki

In regard to what you said above I have not really had an issue with breaking FO4... I mean don't get me wrong I have crashed the game more times then i can count, however, I have 50+ mods installed and as long as you spend the time researching in depth on how some of these mods affect each other you will be a bit more successful in not breaking FO4.

Also you need to take into account that NMM is only in beta with a small team. Try not to be so hard on them they are working as we all do and it takes time to bug test and make sure everything is functioning properly. I know as I am in this field.

There's only been a few MODS that caused Skyrim to crash, other than that it's been working great for me. BUT the biggest problem I keep running into is that I spend more time getting mods rather than playing the games. lol

Keep up the GREAT WORK!!

Hi. I don't have a bug to report but I do have an idea for making the manager and this site be better. I found a problem in this site that I just remembered. when I just started off at NMM (and some of my friends found this a problem too), finding the mods was really hard, because I didn't know what to do to search for particular mods. I think you could improve the user-friendly thing, and maybe even make the searching of mods easier and more specific overall. but again it's just my opinion. I thought it could help you make the nexus community bigger and better.

Thanks for reading this far and listening to what I had to say. Keep doing a great job and good luck on you'r testing! :)

For them that don't seem to know. This is not the bug report forum. It was intended as a recruitment forum for people that wanted to help test the NMM. That roster was filled long ago and there are no more positions available. There is a separate NMM feedback forum though, And bug report forum as well. Just posting in a forum does not constitute a bug report. You actually have to create an official bug report before your bug will be taken seriously. :thumbsup:

NMM Feedback forum: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/forum/439-open-beta-feedback/

How to report bugs: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/460590-reporting-bugs/

Please note that things like; suggestions for new features, I don't like this feature, It doesn't work the way I want it to and such are not bug reports, but should instead be put into the feedback forum where things for future releases are discussed.