Loxus

Loxus

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
In response to post #36895620.

Spoiler

What? Windows will overwrite folders? What are you using, Windows 98?

ManleySteele

ManleySteele

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 276 posts
I sent you a pretty terse DM saying I will join the group if you need or want me. I have downloaded Slack and can proceed at any time.

I have some small experience running NMM and at this moment I have a solid 0.61.16 installation managing FO4. I am also using FO4Edit to manage my load order.

JimmyRJump

JimmyRJump

MoralMinority

• Premium Member
  • 11,175 posts
In response to post #36895620. #36900030 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

There's already "replacers" and "add-on" mods the latter are referred to as "stand-alone" mods) but an option to switch between them is extremely difficult (in my opinion) because that would imply that there's a whole string of actions involved that keep this replacement mod from overwriting existing files, and also find a way to at the same time switch-off existing files in a game to use the new files instead of the old ones...

@Loxus:

Errrm... I'm using Win7 and it "over-writes" folders, yes. Since an OS only overwrites files that are named the same, one can also call it "merging".

Gambit77

Gambit77

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 11,861 posts
The profile sharing feature sounds awesome.

chrislikesblack

chrislikesblack

• Premium Member
  • 11 posts
In response to post #36897420. #36899000 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

This is fantastic. If I were better at coding, I'd help you guys in an instant. This is god's work you do.

xtrasyn

xtrasyn

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 74 posts
I'd like to see the mod update mechanic improved. The whole manual uninstall thing sometimes annoys me, although I understand why - a certain level of control is wanted - but updating a single mod with a right click or something should not be too hard.

HeyChief2

HeyChief2

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 4 posts
Sign me up

SternbergMD

SternbergMD

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
What do you think about removing restrictions on download speed for average users? I think that this shouldn't be limited to paid users, honestly.

PrototypeJester

PrototypeJester

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 64 posts
In response to post #36907610.

Spoiler

The demands they get is too high to remove this restriction while this is a feature open to premium members. Premium exist so that those you actually use/visit nexus frequently can benefit without restrictions and support nexus. The servers they have to get and maintain cost a lot; with how many people come to this site even outside just downloading mods. This is a community not necessarily just a file hosting site.

Edited by crisdavid7341, 22 April 2016 - 07:24 AM.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.090 seconds