• This topic is locked This topic is locked
107 replies to this topic

lemonsquare

lemonsquare

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
In response to post #36907610. #36907990 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

I understand why they do it. There are insane amounts of people accessing Nexus and downloading from it constantly - couple that with astronomical maintenance, server, website expenses etc. it's a fair solution, speaking as someone who has never been a premium member. The speeds a standard user gets are not bad at all.

prinyo

prinyo

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 144 posts

In response to post #36910965.

Spoiler
It would be a huge breach of privacy if all the mods you use in NMM were automatically shared with everyone on the internet. So, naturally, this is going to be completely opt-in and can safely be ignored if you have no interest in it.

What I meant was that concern is that adding the new functionality will reflect on the usability and modder-friendliness of the software for those who don't want to use them.

About the privacy... it seems there is no way to prevent NMM from trying to match one's mods against the database on Nexus so I guess it is not possible to prevent it from regularly sending my mod-list to the Nexus's servers. So I guess I have already agreed to give-up my privacy by using it.

The Privacy Policy http://forums.nexusm.../privacypolicy/ doesn't really say anything about what happens with this data. It says the logs are been " analysed " but doesn't specify for what purposes and there is nothing about sharing it with 3rd parties or not. 

SETVI

SETVI

Old faithful

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,366 posts
There would be a Nexus Mods for The Elder Scrolls: Legends?
Sorry for my bad English!

Edited by SETVI, 22 April 2016 - 01:30 PM.

Vijij

Vijij

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
In response to post #36907610. #36907990, #36912965 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

They aren't that bad, unless you have 0.03 mb/whatever. I don't think it should be removed, due to the points mentioned above.

Vijij

Vijij

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
In response to post #36912500.

Spoiler

/me likes.

Vijij

Vijij

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Good job, can't wait for the new features! I know this sounds like a stupid suggestion, but can you consider adding a "chatting" functionality? Or maybe, instead of hosting up your entire mod list, you can click a button or something next to the mod, which puts it under your name in a list-like thing, where you can find what mods a person thinks another person should use, without having to check what the person endorses on Nex by opening the web browser. I hope you got what I am saying, I'm really bad at explaining. >_> I would help you in anyway I can, but I really don't know how to beta-test a software, or know coding...

AraFox

AraFox

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

If there's one feature I've always wanted in NMM that existed in the old managers such as Oblivion Mod Manager, is to open up BSA files or archives if you will.

+1

Giusteri

Giusteri

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
In response to post #36917580.

Spoiler

+1

phantompally76

phantompally76

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
In response to post #36910965. #36911220 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

Would it have killed you to word it like this initially rather than to go out of your way to try to make Jinxxed0 feel stupid? He's a supporter for God's sake. Why would you do that?

I wasn't aware it was going to be an opt-in, either. I don't think most people are. Everything about it has felt invasive, unnecessary and overcomplicated. I haven't forgotten how upset people were when they installed 0.61 in good faith, had to reinstall their entire mod stack (which may have taken years to collect, tweak and get to play nice with each other) and when expressing their disappointment were essentially met with "Well, you should have read the agreement more carefully. It was right there in big red letters, you contemptible morons". This is why I'm still using 0.56.1, and I asked two pages back whether this still happens when you upgrade. I didn't receive a response, so I have no intentions of upgrading, simple as that.

Are you going to condescend me and try to make me feel stupid as well? I suppose you have a better claim to do so than you did for Jinxxed0, because I'm not a supporter or premium member (and this is a prime example of why I am not), but come on, man. I understand it's your site, your rules, your little kingdom where your word is law, and I get that. I just don't understand why you would go out of your way to make people who have given you money feel stupid because they don't know as much about the software as you do. Ignorance does not equal stupidity, and misinformation does not warrant such condescension.

I like this site, and I like being a part of this community, and I appreciate the webspace. And I understand this is a business and source of income for you. But sometimes, man, sometimes I have to really bite my tongue when I read your correspondences with the community. And I don't think I'm alone.

Darkarhon

Darkarhon

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
In response to post #36917580. #36919040 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

Mod Organizer already does this but nerveless I agree with this.

+1

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.019 seconds