Personally I'd like to see NMM not break FO4 for once

rblood01

rblood01

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 71 posts
In response to post #36995585.

Spoiler

Currently it is really the only choice that I know for modding Fallout 4 if you don't want to do it manually. MO is still very buggy last time I tried.

Edited by rblood01, 25 April 2016 - 01:55 AM.

rblood01

rblood01

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 71 posts
I appreciate the added efforts and the streaming of the development process (Github etc). I have noticed a constant stream of versions and yes, some of those have problems but I suspect it is more due to all the advanced features that are being added.

It might not be where we want it to be and yes might have some issues however so far I have noticed a steady stream of versions attempting to resolve those issues (most are due to added features that some desire). I am sure at this rate things will get sorted and NMM will be stable and fully functional.

zekone

zekone

Stranger

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
In response to post #36995585. #37002955 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

Well, it's probably more the case that the Creation Kit hasn't been released yet, so all the mods so far are bodges.

prinyo

prinyo

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 144 posts

I tested the beta with the profile backup/sharing for several hours. I don't think it is appropriate to discuss it in an open forum outside of the dedicated channels for this. But I also don't want to leave some suspicions and worries I have expressed here earlier hanging. 

That's why I want to assure everybody that the profile backup/sharing is indeed implemented as an optional feature. It doesn't affect other aspects of the way the software works and it will not inconvenience you in any way if you choose to ignore it. I do believe many people will use the online backup even if now they are skeptical about it.  If only for the "peace of mind" that there is a "off-site" backup that is quickly created and used. Also because the feature is designed in a way to keep the install order, the load order and the choices made when installing mods, such a backup is way superior than simply copy/paste of files. 

P.S. Really not sure how appropriate is posting this at this time. If the moderators think it is not please delete the post. 

xng

xng

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
In response to post #36886230. #36886405, #36886615 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

I can only find the Windows version, where can I find a version for Linux?

Dark0ne

Dark0ne

Webmaster

• Admin
  • 21,505 posts
In response to post #37008355.

Spoiler

The focus group is private because we want to ensure the people using the test builds are aware of the risks when using the test builds. If other people get their hands on it and use it then they do so at their own risk.

I'd say it's fine to comment on the functionality, but naturally anything released in the test builds is in an unrefined state and ergo is subject to a lot of change, especially on the cosmetic side. So it needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.

We're not enforcing an NDA or anything.

Souril

Souril

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 77 posts
Not sure if it is possible but if we could make it so that we can merge mods together to save .esp/.esm and balance the system better I would appreciate it. For example I can then easily merge all weapons into one file. When I download a new weapon I can test it if there are no conflicts then merge it with all the others with a simple interface.

This might be a pipe dream as I am unfamiliar with scripting but if it is possible I think many people would love this idea.

I also want to thank the Nexus for having one of the best Mod sites for many games available. I come here first before try downloading any where else. Keep up the good work and I look forward in checking out the new manager

julfouhdc

julfouhdc

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 2 posts
maybe a better system to do a "clean slate" i't's taking hours for NMM to uninstall mods and it still hasn't finished...
plus it's a mess to delete mods manually

HawkFest

HawkFest

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
Hi, and thanks so much for an awesome tool for modders and gamers !

I never had any problem updating NMM up to 0.61.16, however the latest update "updating function" has a bug : it can't find the downloaded update and thus doesn't install it. From then on it won't automatically update anymore, since the last erroneous auto update already downloaded the file (but couldn't find it so as to actually do the update). Here's an image of the error pop-up:
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/images/29086/?

Edited by HawkFest, 25 April 2016 - 08:14 PM.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.022 seconds