I need a Silver Sword

BarefootWarrior

Since I have become addicted to TW2, I thought I'd go back to TW1 and play it through. I started some time ago and never finished it. The reason being it just seems to drag on and on. That being said, I'm trying it again where I left on and now realize I need a silver sword. I think I'm still in act 1, outside of Vizima. Is there a silver sword in act 1 that I can get my hands on or do I have to craft it? If so, where and how because right now, I can't can't find one. I am carrying around a stoopid axe and an old steel sword.

I just found the Royal Hunter(?) and am now going on a quest to find a monster by a lake(?) ummm..what lake? All I see is the river on the map. But that is what he told me, ' by the lake'.

I just wish we had the options to change armor or other clothing items in this game, but it looks like you get what you get, oh well, I can live with that.

I do have the 'enhanced' version. Right now, this is still dragging on and is actually very boring, but I will give it my best and continue on. I hope this game picks up soon. Anyway, suggestions on a silver sword would be appreciated, I really don't want to go to the wikis and spoil the game just yet.

(but I am thinking about it. )

True there are not that many armors in the game...3 total but you can upgrade your steel sword as long as you get 3 pieces of meteorite steel and then talk to the dwarven blacksmith outside the inn . Note that it won`t come cheap either . If you loot the houses and collect everything , the food and drinks can be sold one word of advice don`t collect water...nobody will buy it . Extra monster parts can be sold as well .

Silver sword will be obtained later but not in act 1

Thanks tommy, I swear, you must live in here...lol. I'll go take a look and continue on then. As for money, I don't have that much, only 300 orens, sounds like I'd better start scrounging for bucks, eh? Good to know that this will pick up, I could fall asleep at the keyboard if this keeps going on. :tongue:

Thanks tommy, I swear, you must live in here...lol. I'll go take a look and continue on then. As for money, I don't have that much, only 300 orens, sounds like I'd better start scrounging for bucks, eh? Good to know that this will pick up, I could fall asleep at the keyboard if this keeps going on. :tongue:

If someone gave me £1 for every time I've done that I could get myself a rig that was good for the next 10 years! :biggrin:

Tips for making a few extra orens fistfighting just make sure when you level up that there are 2 selections for fist fighting selected . I think one is in the strength section and the other in dexterity i believe . Also dice poker is another good way...just save before doing the poker thing otherwise you could lose a LOT of orens . If you haven`t done so be sure and check the notice board in front of the inn .

It`s ok to fall asleep at the keyboard but please...no drooling :whistling:

Edited by tommy5761

• 2 weeks later...
Having just finished Witcher 1 for the first time, I spent the entire Chapter 1 using just the steel sword because I couldn't get enough orens up to buy a silver sword. However, you'll be given a Witcher's silver sword (and some miscellaneous items) when you leave the jail cell and go into the sewers in Chapter 2 to go kill a monster. This particular sword spins out a small mini-quest to find out where it came from and how it ended up in the guard's hands. Edited by FastBlackCat

If I remember right the plants respawn ingredients and, although it's a bit of a grind, if you harvest every little thing you can lay your grubby hands on then there are people that will buy the stuff off of you, and get you enough orens to make the purchase.

But is it worth the effort?

I've spent a lot of time on TW1 playthroughs grinding for XP, but never in order to get this sword. I didn't even realise that you COULD buy a silver sword in Act 1, and I don't think I've ever missed having one. I think you're expected to play out the act with Steel only.

It's a lot easier to take out the Barghast and the hounds with a silver blade, you can get the ore from the Dwarven smith and then get him to forge a blade, as far as I remember.