I need a Silver Sword

BarefootWarrior

I have never gotten a silver sword from the blacksmith in act 1 . What i have gotten from the blacksmith is an upgraded steel sword with either red or red blue combo of ores . As far as i know the ONLY blade available in act 1 are steel blades . You can however use the save game editor to add a silver blade to your inventory or anything else that your heart desires as long as it`s an ingame item .

Heh..well, hate to tell you folks this, still got that stupid axe. I'm not getting to far with W1 just yet. I can buy a silver sword, but still a long ways from getting it, damn pricey. I may look for some mods to ad to this one, might make it more interesting. But I can sure swing that ax! :rolleyes:

I got curious as to when my Geralt obtained his steel witcher's sword, so I reloaded a save game while Geralt is still in Kaer Morhen, before he gets to the outskirts of Vizima. In talking to Vesamir about getting ingredients to make the potion for Triss, he gave Geralt a steel witcher's sword, which Geralt still had when he arrived at the country inn. Are you still in Kaer Morhen or beyond that point? You definitely need something better than an old rusty sword and axe, even if you can swing it with a will! :laugh: Edited by FastBlackCat

Geralt is given a steel sword? WHAT! well..if he did, I sure don't have it. OK, good to know, and I guess I'll back up...quite a ways it seems. I'm at some Inn, just talked to the 'Royal Hunter' or some such. Or, maybe...I'll find a silver ax.... LOL! :whistling:

Sorry, as far as I know there's no silver axes available. :laugh: After you run upstairs and clear out the bad guys and grab the first two ingredients for Triss' potion, run back downstairs, talk to Lambert and he'll refer you to Vesemir. When you talk to Vesemir, he'll give you armor and the steel witcher's sword.

Ummm...heh :ohmy:

Keep in mind I started this game a year ago, and only picked it up again recently after playing TW2. I decided maybe I should go check some things. I found my steel sword. Yep, and guess where? The Inn Keepers storage. Don't ask me how it got there, I have no clue. Maybe at the time I had another weapon and put it there, but I really don't remember.

That being said, my trusty ax is now in the storage and I have a steel sword.

(never gonna live this one down) :blink:

Keep in mind I started this game a year ago, and only picked it up again recently after playing TW2. I decided maybe I should go check some things. I found my steel sword. Yep, and guess where? The Inn Keepers storage. Don't ask me how it got there, I have no clue. Maybe at the time I had another weapon and put it there, but I really don't remember.

So, basically, what you're saying is that you got drunk, and pawned your sword with the innkeeper to get more booze? There is a limit to how far you need to take the role-playing, you know :)

So, basically, what you're saying is that you got drunk, and pawned your sword with the innkeeper to get more booze? There is a limit to how far you need to take the role-playing, you know :)

I'll get back to ya on that.... :thumbsup:

Incidentally, I'm playing Chapter 1 now (while waiting for the TW2 patch to download) and the blacksmith doesn't seem to have any silver swords for sale, just an upgraded steel sword.

I'm not buying, btw.