DixiePig

I'm working on a set of slave items: A bomb collar, wrist manacles, and ankle manacles.

http://s19.postimg.org/p7ex7vyov/manacles_006.jpg

I would like these to be worn as accessories without taking up any slots used by vanilla clothing items.

If anyone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it very much.

Also, this is a bit of a stretch, but I would like to give them some functionality if possible. For example, placing them on a pacified NPC turns them into a follower. This is complex and I would imagine would be a job best left for the GECK, but there have been similarly complex mods created, such as the power armor companion mod. If anyone knows anything about how to do that I would appreciate any info.

Thanks!

Looking at this list: (from the Armorsmith Extended page)

30 - Hair on top of head/most hats

31 - long hair/flight cap linings/under helmet/hat hoods
32 - FaceGenHead (used if your worried about the face clipping through a full face mask)
33 - Full outfits - Shoes/Boots
34 - Left Hand
35 - Right Hand
36 - Arm Add-on (Bracelets), Melee weapon on back
37 - Torso Layered Add-on (Jackets)
38 - Separate Tops (for vanilla outfits that need a second slot to show all armatures-Cage/Spike/ChildofAtom)
39 - Leg Add-on (Gun on Hip/Tights/Stockings/Vanilla outfits that need a third slot to show all armatures-ChildofAtom)
40 - Separate Pants/Shorts/Skirts
41 - Torso armor
42 - Left Arm armor
43 - Right Arm armor
44 - Left Leg armor
45 - Right Leg armor
46 - Masks that cover face/headbands/(hats/helmets/hoods meant to show all hair)
47 - Eyes (Glasses/Eyepatchs)
48 - Beard (surgical mask/lower face masks)
49 - Mouth (surgical mask/lower face masks)(toothpick/cigarette/joint/cigar/blunt/lip rings)
50 - Necklace/Scarfs
51 - Ring
54 - Backpacks/ Capes/ Cloaks
55 - Satchels
56 - Shoulder Harnesses/Bandoliers
57 - Plate Carrier/Cargo Pack Vests(front and back torso)/ Belts(utility belts/gunbelts/sword belts)/ Capes/Cloaks(alternate backup slot)
58 - Body Jewelry (piercings)/ Gun on back

61 - Off-Hand Accessories (Sword Sheath/Decorative Gun/SOS if they need a Dong slot)

The collar would probably go in 50, wrist manacles in 36, ankles either in 39 or 44+45.

As for functionality, I think you can do what you described with some scripting, but I'll leave it to more experienced modders to help you.

Looking at this list: (from the Armorsmith Extended page)

The collar would probably go in 50, wrist manacles in 36, ankles either in 39 or 44+45.

As for functionality, I think you can do what you described with some scripting, but I'll leave it to more experienced modders to help you.

Yep, that's what I needed to know. Had me confused for a minute: turns out that both the armor item and its component armor addons need to have a matching reference to the slot they are using.

Thanks!

Any further word on implementing scripts would be appreciated. If nothing comes up then I suppose I'll release it as a cosmetic item/modders' resource.

Well, in theory you could copy an item that already has a script with xedit, modify it to your liking and use champollion + caprice to make the scripts. It certainly isn't easy that way, and somethings might not even work. I myself failed at getting things working the way I want to for one of my projects and decided to wait for the CK. Sadly I'm not in the beta. :/