help armor slots armor clothing accessories slave collar manacles

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

DixiePig

DixiePig

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 123 posts

I'm working on a set of slave items: A bomb collar, wrist manacles, and ankle manacles.

manacles_006.jpg

I would like these to be worn as accessories without taking up any slots used by vanilla clothing items.

If anyone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it very much.

Also, this is a bit of a stretch, but I would like to give them some functionality if possible. For example,  placing them on a pacified NPC turns them into a follower. This is complex and I would imagine would be a job best left for the GECK, but there have been similarly complex mods created, such as the power armor companion mod. If anyone knows anything about how to do that I would appreciate any info.

Thanks!

EmissaryOfWind

EmissaryOfWind

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Looking at this list: (from the Armorsmith Extended page)

Spoiler

The collar would probably go in 50, wrist manacles in 36, ankles either in 39 or 44+45.

As for functionality, I think you can do what you described with some scripting, but I'll leave it to more experienced modders to help you.

DixiePig

DixiePig

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 123 posts

Looking at this list: (from the Armorsmith Extended page)

The collar would probably go in 50, wrist manacles in 36, ankles either in 39 or 44+45.

As for functionality, I think you can do what you described with some scripting, but I'll leave it to more experienced modders to help you.

Yep, that's what I needed to know. Had me confused for a minute: turns out that both the armor item and its component armor addons need to have a matching reference to the slot they are using.

Thanks!

Any further word on implementing scripts would be appreciated. If nothing comes up then I suppose I'll release it as a cosmetic item/modders' resource.

RustyXXL

RustyXXL

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Well, in theory you could copy an item that already has a script with xedit, modify it to your liking and use champollion + caprice to make the scripts. It certainly isn't easy that way, and somethings might not even work. I myself failed at getting things working the way I want to for one of my projects and decided to wait for the CK. Sadly I'm not in the beta. :/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: help, armor slots, armor, clothing, accessories, slave, collar, manacles

Page loaded in: 1.096 seconds