• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

lyobovnik

lyobovnik

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts
Like the old proverb, "Variety is a spicy wife"... or something.

I'm not a big fan of all this yellow, but that is irrelevant. Overall the redesign looks cool.

A bit hard to tell how it'll really feel to use it at this point.

Edited by lyobovnik, 10 July 2011 - 07:05 PM.

olafreinhardweyer

olafreinhardweyer

Resident poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,728 posts
You write: "I'm wary of many gaming community sites past and present that have expanded too-fast, too-soon. They expand out dramatically fast and reach a critical mass before imploding."

Wiser words have not been spoken :)

PS: The test site for me is kinda overkill. Coming to the Nexus sites has always been VERY relaxing. We come here to navigate for content and information and NOT to be entertained. Everybody wants to entertain you these days, it is shallow and tiresome. Nexus doesn't need a shallow husk. If at all differently, make Nexus look more like the forum pages.
As on it's own, i find the test site very good, but it does serve Nexus interrest as much as Dubai Skyscrapers serve working conditions. If you've been there, you'll know what i mean :/

Edited by olafreinhardweyer, 10 July 2011 - 07:41 PM.

Arthmoor

Arthmoor

Destroyer of Bugs

• Premium Member
  • 17,028 posts
The new design is very slick. I like it.

Not sure if I'm missing it or not, but I don't see a backlink into the category a mod is in once you've gone to a page for a specific mod.

drakeelvin

drakeelvin

Old hand

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 768 posts
Please don't use white letters on a hot colour background like orange. Black on oragne is a lot easier to read.

White text is fine inside those black buttons, its sharp and clear.

When you get a drop down from the Username button with Member Area, etc..., I'd prefer a solid, dark background for the white letters. Using the light stripes makes the white text hard to read. Same idea for the Files and Images buttons, etc.

Any color scheme that uses white text on light or hot colours cause a lot of eyestrain. Make the background for all text a solid, not a pattern, and make it dark please, or when its a light coloured background make the letters black please.

Thanks.

Edited by drakeelvin, 11 July 2011 - 08:17 AM.

Arthmoor

Arthmoor

Destroyer of Bugs

• Premium Member
  • 17,028 posts
The white on orange looks fine to me, and I for one rather like it. I find black on orange to be a lot harder to read myself.

regi8401

regi8401

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts
I don't know, I can read white on orange fine usually, too.

WalkerInShadows

WalkerInShadows

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts
I like it a lot. My main gripe is the orange - there's way too much of it; it just overpowers you. A darker shade would be nice, along with some variety in the colors.

doi0606

doi0606

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 729 posts
I'm impressed. It looks and feels awesome. Hope it becomes a reality sooner than later.

forli

forli

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,469 posts
I like the new design.

- About the aspect, i think it would be better it we can customize the colors. Either with few pre-made themes or with custom settings (Choose color for text, background, etc)

- About the category page, I've noticed that the search bar has been removed. Will it be added back in the future?

- What about add the search bar also for images?

- Improve the comment system: replies display under the post they refer to. The 2-3 most endorsed comments get displayed on the top.

- Improve the tracking center: allow multiple files removal from the list. (Actually you can remove one, confirm and the page reload)

Edited by forli, 13 July 2011 - 10:02 AM.

Dark0ne

Dark0ne

Webmaster

• Admin
  • 20,332 posts
I've completed a lot more of the site this week and there are now way more pages "done" than undone. The file system is completely finished minus a few small features (like you can't download files yet), and the file management system has been finished. All that's left is to get the author side of the Image Share stuff done, tracking centre, download history, and then the miscellaneous content pages like the staff, competitions, blog, etc..

Almost there, and I'll put a news post up when it's done rather than a blog post as I'm sure there are lots of people who don't notice or read the blogs on the sites who are going to be very surprised ;)

Page loaded in: 0.739 seconds