Guards attack glitch

Rennieroo

I was in Riften, when a Master Vampire decided to attack. At that moment, all the guards turned aggressive towards me. I was a vampire then, so I thought maybe since I was Stage Four, that's why they were attacking (even though I have Dawnguard and wasn't in Vampire Lord form). I then fled and cured my vampirism. However, no matter where I go, I am attacked on sight. I believe the game glitched and now registers me as one of the random Master Vampire attackers. I have tried waiting 30 days and returning, and am still attacked. I have tried resetting my bounty in all holds to 0, but am still attacked. I unsheathe and re-sheathe my weapon multiple times in front of the guards, but they still attack to kill and won't talk to me. This is a serious game breaker for me, and am wondering if anyone has a fix?

Yes the vampirism is completely cured. After the guards kill me, they say something like "we need to do something about these vampire attacks," which is what they say after killing off one of the random vampire mobs. I honestly think they are registering me as one of the random Vampire Masters to come with their death hounds. I'm wondering if there's a console command to refresh their memory cache or something similar.

• 2 years later...

I know this is old, but did anyone find a fix? I have paid the crime gold with console and it works for about 1/2 second then he attacks again. They say after they kill me that these vampire attacks need to stop, but I am no vampire. I haven't even started the vampire quests and I haven't any diseases. This is killing me! I have no idea how long this has been an issue, I travel around out of Imperial territory without a problem. I am at my wit's end here. Stormcloaks seem to like me and I haven't even picked a side yet. I am trying to stay away from the main quest lines and just explore.