Mod WILL NOT UNINSTALL

DefenderofNanjing

I downloaded the Flesh spells fortify unarmed damage: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/14361/?

The problem is that this mod WILL NOT UNINSTALL PROPERLY.

I used the manager and deleted it. Dragonhide still had the +50 damage.

I deleted Skyrim folder, and transferred files from a vanilla Skyrim folder I keep, then reinstalled my other mods making sure not to install this one.

And guess what? It still had it the fortify unarmed damage.

How the heck do I uninstall this? What kind of mod is so hard to remove?

I was going to ask if you'd conferred with the author on this, but I see you already went over to the mod page and posted a red alert to warn everyone away. I'm just saying, imo that seems a little alarmist if you haven't taken time to discuss this with him. He may well have your answer. It's very odd that you deleted your Skyrim folder and replaced it with a clean vanilla back up and you still see this issue. Have you tried running the game without any of your mods, just straight up vanilla Skyrim and see if the issue is present? Also, out of curiosity which manager are you using?

Unfortunately, I don't have your answer but I'm in to see how this mod manages to corrupt a vanilla backup.

I was going to ask if you'd conferred with the author on this, but I see you already went over to the mod page and posted a red alert to warn everyone away. I'm just saying, imo that seems a little alarmist if you haven't taken time to discuss this with him. He may well have your answer. It's very odd that you deleted your Skyrim folder and replaced it with a clean vanilla back up and you still see this issue. Have you tried running the game without any of your mods, just straight up vanilla Skyrim and see if the issue is present? Also, out of curiosity which manager are you using?

Unfortunately, I don't have your answer but I'm in to see how this mod manages to corrupt a vanilla backup.

I'm using Nexus Mod Manager.

Haven't tried without any mods yet, but I will get back to you soon on that.

With no mods, there's no issue, so it must have affected one of the other mods. If I had to guess it would be SPERG. I admit my response was a little frustrated but I've never encountered a mod that couldn't be uninstalled with either NMM or with the instructions the mod author gave us.

Even when I reinstalled SPERG however, the mod STILL remained.

These are my current mods:

Unofficial Skyrim Patch (Not activated, I just have it with USLEEP switch script for some mods)

Unofficial Legendary Patch

Unarmed HElper

Unarmed Combat Patch for SPERG

SPERG

SkyUI

Skyrim Uncapper

Skyrim Enhanced Camera

ShowRaceMenu alternative

Muscular Male Orcs

Improved Closefaced Helmets

Gourmet Quest Fix

Change Follower Outfits

Battleclaws- Very High Damage

Edited by DefenderofNanjing

Just off the cuff, you do seem to have a lot of "Unarmed" mods. This ah... flesh spell mod, am I reading it wrong or does it do the exact same thing as Unarmed Helper with regards to boosting armor rating and unarmed damage?

From Unarmed Helper mod page:

--------------------------------------------
Alteration Flesh Spells boost Unarmed Damage
With this mod, Alteration Flesh Spells will grant an Unarmed Damage boost equal to 1/4 of the armor boost given. For example, the spell Iron Flesh grants the caster 80 points of additional armor. With this mod, it also grants 20 additional points of Unarmed Damage.

^ That is nearly the same effect as pictured in the Flesh Spell Fortify Unarmed mod page. Were you running them both at the same time? Maybe try to remove Unarmed Helper as well, and see if that solves the issue.

Just off the cuff, you do seem to have a lot of "Unarmed" mods. This ah... flesh spell mod, am I reading it wrong or does it do the exact same thing as Unarmed Helper with regards to boosting armor rating and unarmed damage?

From Unarmed Helper mod page:

Alteration Flesh Spells boost Unarmed Damage

With this mod, Alteration Flesh Spells will grant an Unarmed Damage boost equal to 1/4 of the armor boost given. For example, the spell Iron Flesh grants the caster 80 points of additional armor. With this mod, it also grants 20 additional points of Unarmed Damage.

^ That is nearly the same effect as pictured in the Flesh Spell Fortify Unarmed mod page. Were you running them both at the same time? Maybe try to remove Unarmed Helper as well, and see if that solves the issue.

Yeah I initially wanted to buff unarmed up to the level of enchanted weaponry but it ended up going way too high and I ended up with fists that could 1 shot Draugr Deathlords and fired like machine guns. I'm trying to nerf it back down.

For some reason, I used the console command player.addspell cdb70 to get Dragonhide, and in the description of the spell it says it gives the damage boost. The SPERG Perk that gives unlimited duration for armor spells doesn't affect it for some odd reason.

However, when I did the Alteration Ritual Spell quest (or whatever it's called) I got the Dragonhide tome and used it, and it gave me another Dragonhide spell that didn't have the unarmed damage boost in the description. This one was affected by the SPERG perk for unlimited duration armor spells.

So I don't think it's a big issue now that I can just use the other Dragonhide.

Personally I'd keep hunting until I rooted out the actual cause of the problem, but if you're happy with your game then I'm glad you found a workable solution.

Might be the right thing to at least append your statement in the mod's thread, since you've figured out that it doesn't actually do what you stated. Just a thought.

Happy gaming.